New Smoker Ordered

MustGoFast

Knows what a fatty is.
Couldn't wait to share and to say Thank You to the many members that helped me pick out my new IVC. In the end it came down to a Humphrey Cube vs a Cascade Que-Deville.

After a few great conversations with Rob over at Cascade I decided to pull the trigger on a new Que-Deville. He was easy to reach super helpful, and everyone with one of his units I reached loved it. These things are built like BEASTS from what I can tell.
I am going to do a unique customization with angled legs rather than the square cart. I think it'll be more stable and aesthetically nicer.

Well now on to the waiting game... I know thread worthless without pics, but I won't have those until July and I'll share then with a better story.

In case it's useful someday for someone else comparing these 2 cookers here's the key comparisons that went into my decision.

• Size: (Near Identical Interior) Cascade is a little bigger (506 vs 451 sqin per grate & 20" vs 18" height of smoking chamber)
  • Price: After Probe/Thermo/Stand-Cart upgrades the Cascade is ~$300 more
  • Walls: The 4 wall with 2" insulation and 1" air gap on the Cascade is superior
  • Weight: Per the prior the Cascade is >500lbs vs the 350lb Humphrey
  • Heat Diverter: Removable in the Humphrey, Thick/Fixed in Cascade (I liked the fully isolated and air tight firebox something most wont claim)
  • Optics: Up to you they are both good looking units I had a preference

Congrats! Now comes the wait that will seem like an eternity.

I know... probably won't be here until after 4th of July, but who knows..
In the meantime I got the new fireboard yesterday so going to stick that on the Ol WSM and fire up some ribs tomorrow to celebrate.

Communication is key. I had to message Karubecue about a dimension of a nut that went missing. It was late, late into the evening when I sent an email asking for a dimension size. I received an email within minutes to my question. I had similar experience prior. Customer service is everything! It sounds like you had a similar experience.

Back