New member from North Carolina

Carolina OutlawZ

Knows what a fatty is.
Hello

Just wanted to introduce myself and thank everyone for a great forum.
My desire to learn cooking started in my teenage years but my BBQ addiction only started 3 years ago.

I started with a vertical propane smoker and bought an older New Braunfels offset last year. I took it straight to the shop and tore into it. Modified it to a reverse flow with new rack, stack, wheels, etc. etc.
My newest adventure is a late 40's or early 50's Philco refrigerator that will be a pellet smoker. I finished the fridge 2 weeks ago and so far have 2 cooks on it. It cooks very nice but almost feels like cheating the BBQ system. :icon_shy
I also started my gravity fed smoker this week. This project seems to moving quickly and hope to be complete in a few weeks.

Hoping to have them both at Hog Happenin in Lincolnton!

After modifications and ready for a burn!

First Burn!

First Competition - All Butts

My first competition and first time boxing! - Won wood division with 17 teams

Original Fridge

Finished

First Load - 3 butts, 2 racks ribs, 2 chuckies, and 14lbs of chicken.

Happy Smoking to All!

Wayne Lucado
Carolina OutlawZ

You're going to love the way you cook, I guarantee it!
Welcome to the Brethren!:thumb: I love that Philco, good stuff!!!

Thanks guys

Come say hello if you get a free minute Tom. I'm still trying to decide if I should do the amateur or take the step to Professional. This will be my 2nd event and still learning and experimenting.

Thanks Militant, Thanks Sasee!

I actually grew up outside of Mooresville and still work there. Mooresville got crazy big quick, so we went to a smaller farming community about 30 miles northwest!

Wayne

Back