THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm picking nits a bit with these guys, but I'm not a fan of the lid design, unless I'm missing something. I don't want to pull the tray out every time I need to flip something. Im otherwise a big fan of the design and price…...
Plenty of room to flip, if you remove the top rack (you'll still be over double the square inches of a 22 kettle). Myself, I don't mind the slide, as reaching over the front table to the back of the grill is a pretty long distance.

The legacy 131:

attachment.php

I'd love to see one in person.

lol yea it says "firebox" but it's just a play on words. It really a charcoal tray. I love the adjustable feature of it and I made a fire basket for mine similar to the drums but rectangular 9x13x7. I can throw two 12-15 lb briskets indirect in the legacy and take a four hour nap. The basket really just helps have a much longer burn time, usually 6-7 hours depends on wind maybe a little longer.
A firebox in Texas has a whole different meaning lol, just sayin.

Still overall just saying that bang for the buck the Legacy is hard to beat, ain't none of the really good grills out there that are inexpensive for sure.

Lots of really great options out there for sure and I always say you should asses what you like to cook the most and how much do you plan to cook on a regular basis.

keep The Smoke Light amigos

lol yea it says "firebox" but it's just a play on words. It really a charcoal tray. I love the adjustable feature of it and I made a fire basket for mine similar to the drums but rectangular 9x13x7. I can throw two 12-15 lb briskets indirect in the legacy and take a four hour nap. The basket really just helps have a much longer burn time, usually 6-7 hours depends on wind maybe a little longer.
A firebox in Texas has a whole different meaning lol, just sayin.

Still overall just saying that bang for the buck the Legacy is hard to beat, ain't none of the really good grills out there that are inexpensive for sure.

Lots of really great options out there for sure and I always say you should asses what you like to cook the most and how much do you plan to cook on a regular basis.

keep The Smoke Light amigos

:thumb:

Back