New GC28

Can I ask when you placed your order?

Not sure on the time frame of the OP, but I have ordered a GC 28 along with a Deep South trailer. Randall asked when I expected to receive the smoker. I told him I needed it for pick up while I was in Gorgia... Like 15 weeks after deposit. Randall insured that was no problem at that time. He is a supper nice person you will enjoy working with him if you choose Deep South. 9 weeks left!!!!

Placed my order Oct 15 and picked it up Dec 17

RE: Humphrey's

I have a Battle Box. It's great. But, when I ordered the GC28, Chad @ Humphrey's had not announced his Tank line of gravity smokers. Even so, I still would have gone with Deep South. Randall will have 4 of the Top 5 KCBS teams using his rigs.

I couldn't be more impressed with this cooker. Loaded it up with lump charcoal to season it at about 2:30 PM. Set my Guru to 300 and decided to let her roll. At 4:00 AM this morning, the guru still read 300. Got tired of waiting on her to burn out so I just shut the ball valve and called it a successful first burn. I can't wait to load her up and let the fun begin!

I couldn't be more impressed with this cooker. Loaded it up with lump charcoal to season it at about 2:30 PM. Set my Guru to 300 and decided to let her roll. At 4:00 AM this morning, the guru still read 300. Got tired of waiting on her to burn out so I just shut the ball valve and called it a successful first burn. I can't wait to load her up and let the fun begin!

Keep us posted on the 1st cook. Boy looking at these pics have me even more pumped to pick my DSS up in 9 weeks.

Back