THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cool thanks for all the suggestions. I read one of the links from early on in this thread that said to season it several times using flaxseed oil. others say bacon works just fine. I cleaned mine up after making bacon, draining the grease and lightly washing the pan. Then dried well and rubbed down with olive oil.

I'll probably do one pan with the flaxseed method just to see how it turns out.

I got split pea ham soup in mind for the Dutch over along with other ideas on here!

Have seen a very sad looking pan after someone did srambled eggs in a CI pan. Don't know if was the pan,operater or just not a thing to do.

I do it often, works great. I do pre-heat the pan, then put in some butter. Just before the butter darkens, drop the eggs. Let them "skin", then keep folding/flipping them (I prefer mine folded/flipped repeatedly, not "scrambled").

Fried chicken, corn bread pizza, steak, bacon, cobblers. If it's seasoned right you can cook anything. I love over easy eggs in my skillet.

Biggest tip I could give--stop washing it. Soap is the enemy. If the pan is dry but dirty you can leave it until you have time to deal with it.

Heat up a bit and scour with salt and oil if you have residue you need to get rid of. An old rag is best for this. If you must, rinse after doing this but immediately put over heat with a light oil rub. I skip the rinsing, dust excess salt out with a paper towel and simply reduce/omit the salt from recipes.

My skillet is black and shiny and cooks anything with no sticking problems. One of my neighbors growing up in TN claimed to have never washed her CI skillet.

In the DO, I would do a nice pot roast. get it screaming hot, drop in a chuckie, and brown it on all sides. toss in some onion soup mix, and into an oven at 275 for 3.5 hours. Then, toss a bunch of root veggies with some oil, and into a separate DO or roasting pan, and into the oven for another 3 hours or so. dump the meat onto the veggies, and then make a roux in the DO, and then throw in some beef stock, and make some of the best farking gravy you'll ever eat. :thumb:

Back