New Butchery in the neighborhood

Biloxidman

is One Chatty Farker
Thought I’d check it out. Nice looking meat, fresh pork ribs with membrane pulled already, but the filets caught my eye. One 9 oz and one 7oz and 2 twice baked taters $27.00. Nice evening meal. I’ll be back.

7771f251a600d10bec932bf76e5bf408.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks great! We had a ship open down the street and been jonesin to go in and have a look.

Braveheart I believe is a Tyson product. Not sure of the exact specs but it is higher end carcass from mostly black cattle that have followed a strict food safety and handling procedure. There are food safety audits at every stage of the cattle feeding process. The commercial feedlot where I work is one of the providers for Braveheart.

Braveheart meats. I haven’t heard of that brand before but it is pretty good.

Braveheart I believe is a Tyson product. Not sure of the exact specs but it is higher end carcass from mostly black cattle that have followed a strict food safety and handling procedure. There are food safety audits at every stage of the cattle feeding process. The commercial feedlot where I work is one of the providers for Braveheart.

Well the quality was certainly there! Going to be my favorite stop. At e I can finally get some good beef ribs. Never could find any meaty ones at the grocery stores.

You did that steak proud. I don't blame you for going back to the butcher, I would be!

I did not have completely correct information in my prior post. Braveheart is a branded product of Performance Foodservice. The cattle are processed by Tyson, then sold by Braveheart. Cut and paste below of some of the specs.

QUALITY

inline_Quality.jpg
Quality starts with sourcing. Braveheart Beef® comes from Angus-verified majority black hided cattle, which are known for producing beef with the best flavor and tenderness. In addition, our cattle are born on U.S. family farms and raised and fed in Progressive Beef, third-party audited Midwest feed yards, ensuring we always know where our cattle come from and that they are treated humanely. Braveheart cattle are transported 200 miles or less for processing, which puts less stress on the animals, adding to a more flavorful and tender meat profile. From start to finish, we stop at nothing to produce the best quality beef in a humane and responsible manner.

Mentioning that these cattle travel less than 200 miles by truck, it got me to thinking about the old cattle drives over hundreds of miles by foot (hoof) and what the two would be like in taste and tenderness. I would like to see a time transported cowhand sit down at Ruth's Chris for a 2 inch Tomahawk.
Ed

We got a new butcher in town.
They have a display case and use it for chicken and pork.

They are overpriced and they don't show the beef?
That's sus.
You have a case - show the sexy beef.

Back