Review: Weber Summit Charcoal Grill, a short novel - Purchase and Assembly thoughts and my first cook (Lots of PRON)

Nice write-up, Terry.

Looks like you made a pretty solid choice from this end! I can only imagine the crowd and how quickly they devoured your grub at the local watering hole.

Enjoy, brother. Looks like you've got a whole mess of fun in your future.

Best of luck with CINCHOUSE upon her arrival. :shock:

Terry, what's your update on the Opa's since you had issues with tough casing before?

I still thought it had a fairly thick casing, but I guess others would say that's what gives it it's snap when you bite into it.

Best of luck with CINCHOUSE upon her arrival. :shock:

Thanks Marc. Yeah, it will be fun, but a) it was my money, not ours, and b) she just spent more than that of her money on the trip and all the gifts she had to buy for relatives, so, things might be a little frosty when she finds out, but it will work out.

As a side note, since Weber doesn't seem to sell covers for this thing, I decided to go through Cove Point and have a custom cover made to match the LSG Cabinet. I'm a repeat customer, so they gave me a discount. In all honesty, this is the fourth one I bought from them. Two for the stick burner (mine and the replacement that was shredded in shipping), the cabinet cover, and now the WSCG. If I need another, I think they should just give it to me. Any ways, I'll get it in a month or less...

Great write up, really enjoyed your 'wordy' post because it was to the point. Great pictures and cook. Better look into getting you wife the wok insert.

Thanks for your review. Been enjoying mine for about a year. Weber does make a cover.

http://www.abt.com/product/100195/W...^1100404198890-sku^100195@ADL10BMC-adType^PLA

Thanks. That's the first place that says they are in stock. BBQ Outfitters system says out of stock, same with Amazon.

It's ok, the cover I ordered is made out of heavy duty boat cover material, is warranted for 10 years, and will probably last longer than that.

Great write up, really enjoyed your 'wordy' post because it was to the point. Great pictures and cook. Better look into getting you wife the wok insert.

Yep, that is on the planned addition list. Can't wait for her to make some Beef or Pork Bulgogi with it...

Thanks Justin. And I appreciate all the help you have given me via FB PM's. Don't worry, when the wife finds out, I am going to put partial blame on Baby Back Maniac! :eek:

Fine looking pit/grill. You are going to enjoy that for sure. Weber only makes quality products as you already know.

For those wondering how efficient this grill is, I started with three bowls of charcoal and had a fire going for a little over five hours. Went to grill today, and this is what was left:

4F2D8D9B-E986-4F8D-8384-D3C1C9D6CD8E_zpsdgnzc69b.jpg

Raked those around to get the ash off:

E546DEFE-096A-4E53-950E-035E80D7DDA2_zps0jzujfla.jpg

Enough to fill up both baskets:

8155BCAA-97DB-4472-B475-688242260394_zpskgecmzrq.jpg

To make along story short.... thanks for the report.
I'm sure you will enjoy cooking with that beautiful WSCG for many years.

Back