THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

jkpq45

Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.
Good morning all,

I was part of a BBQ club with my Dad in the Kansas City area in the early- to mid-2000s. I'd help out with a few cooks over the summer when I wasn't in school (usually pulling the midnight-to-4AM firewatch duties). Life went on and the club dissolved after many award-winning years, but the equipment lived on!

We mainly used two New Braunfels Bandera units that were Made in USA, still in great shape after many years. My uncle actually upgraded the firebox grates with some plasma-cut cast iron sewer grates. I'm "inheriting" one of the smokers (since Dad wants to try his hand at a pellet-fed unit) but the other Bandera is going to be sent down the road.

Any idea what these dudes are worth? If the original, pre-CharBroil-buyout OKJ units are any indication, they hold their value better than expected.

Thanks and happy smokin!
jkpq45

I recently saw an Bandera on FB Marketplace for $190. It older and made in the USA.

Back