THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

jeffry1970

Full Fledged Farker
I have wanted a cast iron grate for a while now and just found out the STOK grates are a perfect fit. 35$ at target and I couldn't resist:

But my favorite is the large cast iron griddle which is also a perfect fit:

They make a giant pizza stone ALS but haven't pulled the trigger on that yet. I did get a few of the inserts though.

I saw the Stok but went for the craycort instead. I liked the ability to be able to remove section in case i needed to re-fuel. And the drop in accessory inserts looked cool as well. None the less congrats on the upgrade CI grates on a kettle are awesome!

Congrats. How does everyone keep their cast iron grates clean? I keep a can of PAM and spray them down before and after cooks. However I think I need to do a deep clean and re-season.

Congrats. How does everyone keep their cast iron grates clean? I keep a can of PAM and spray them down before and after cooks. However I think I need to do a deep clean and re-season.

I used my grate literally every day for the past 5 months (okay I missed a couple), and all I have ever needed was a stiff grill brush.

I'm gonna have to get one of those. I just couldn't pull the trigger on the craycort but at less than half the price I don't think I could resist.

Thanks for the post. I saw those a few weeks ago but wasn't sure they would fit. I'll have to go see if they still have them.

Question: does a standard chimney fit into the center hole with the center grate removed?

That is probably the single complaint I have about the craycort design.

Question: does a standard chimney fit into the center hole with the center grate removed?

That is probably the single complaint I have about the craycort design.

See I like the craycort because each of the 4 grates can be removed so i can easily dump and position the charcoal without having to ever lift off the whole thing. I generally use a small pizza pan under my chimney anyway so the paper ash doesn't get everywhere.

But everyone is looking for their own specific qualities in a product.

See I like the craycort because each of the 4 grates can be removed so i can easily dump and position the charcoal without having to ever lift off the whole thing. I generally use a small pizza pan under my chimney anyway so the paper ash doesn't get everywhere.

But everyone is looking for their own specific qualities in a product.

I do the same with my Craycorts and really like them, especially since there is no other option for the 26.75 OGT. I was just wondering for future reference.

Sorry for the hijack, I really like your STOK CI grates.

Back