THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Speak its name, and it shall rear its head...
20170207_182627_zpse59k9qbm.jpg

rb

This thread has me all hot and burger-bothered. I'm looking at fabricating (lol- cutting) a piece of cast iron for my 22" drum. I was originally thinking a 1/2 round, but I could also go for a 2/3 coverage instead of 1/2. As long as I'm cutting.

Anyone see a value in a 2/3 covered area? Seems airflow is still high. More surface area for cooking.

Love the blackstone for burgers but i found when i use grill grates upside down over charcoal i love it even better. Same technique but you get some grill flavoring in there along with some flareups

I smash em on my grill grates turned flat side up...so best of both worlds.

Heat grates...brush a little butter...burger ball....smash...fair amount offinely chopped onion...flip when ready....pull when done. Awesome!!!

Not as greasy as on a flat top...and still has that nice cripy crust with a hint of the charcoal flavor.

I smash em on my grill grates turned flat side up...so best of both worlds.

Heat grates...brush a little butter...burger ball....smash...fair amount offinely chopped onion...flip when ready....pull when done. Awesome!!!

Not as greasy as on a flat top...and still has that nice cripy crust with a hint of the charcoal flavor.

Pretty sure I'm going to try this on the BGE tomorrow...Just had Blackstone burgers less then 2 weeks ago.

They ALL have their place on my menu.
I'm thinking about a chili cheese onion mushroom burger this afternoon. Mmmmmm!
Not sure just yet how it'll be cooked... probably on the Blackstone.

Personally I love both. If I had to pick one over the other I'd just shoot whoever was trying to make me choose.

Exactly. I consider them two different things, construct them differently, and use different ingredients. Yes they are both "burgers," but just like fried catfish and grilled salmon can both make a "fish sandwhich."

Agree wholeheartedly with a burger thread. I put some meat grinding pics on a couple of days ago. Check the Pork Brisket thread. Look forward to everyone's input. 50 lbs. of ground sirloin for $2.30 a pound.

Agree wholeheartedly with a burger thread. I put some meat grinding pics on a couple of days ago. Check the Pork Brisket thread. Look forward to everyone's input. 50 lbs. of ground sirloin for $2.30 a pound.

That sure offers a lot of possibilities: burgers, smoked: lasagne, meatballs, meatloaf, chili, sloppy joes, all kinds of other dishes!

I like a thicker, rare/medium-rare burger, for the grill that is. There's a place back home called "Dub's".... thin, cooked just right, crispy edged, flat top burger. I wouldn't doubt it being a 60/40 beef. The wife probably would demand an off-the-grill burger eventually, no way I could just flat-top them.
I'll have a flat top soon so I'll be able to better compare said styles.

I grew up eating them smashed on a flat top. Anybody try and make their own Krystal/White Castle at home? With real meat? Mustard, pickle and onion.

Back