Smashburgers and Pesto Parmesan Twists

lunchman

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Dom
I had to make use of homemade Pesto. I saw this recipe online, it couldn't be much simpler.

Puff Pastry rolled out, topped with Pesto -

ScivTQs.jpg

Sprinkled with freshly grated Mozzarella -

6hNbwiU.jpg

Covered with another layer of puff pastry -

NZFqQfc.jpg

Cut into strips. Pinch the ends and twist. Egg wash, S&P and grated Parmesan to coat -

dluRUYS.jpg

Into a 350F oven for 25 minutes or so. I just realized I didn't get any pics right out of the oven but I do have some plated pics.

Out on the Blackstone it's Smashburger night. Burgers, mushrooms, frozen fries -

mJgh6AO.jpg

Smash 'em, add some cheese once they're flipped -

G0Mp0gX.jpg

aIZVUy0.jpg

Fries are ready. I sure do like grilling these on the Blackstone vs. in an oven -

HCEZPD7.jpg

'Shrooms and buns are ready -

BYXNJIF.jpg

It's time to eat! There's a Pesto Parmesan Twist lurking in the background -

I5C26F2.jpg

6AV8nku.jpg

Next time, food style the lettuce -

zOD7ibJ.jpg

Pesto Parmesan Twist -

O3nX3zs.jpg

audFWz1.jpg

That's it. A quick Saturday night dinner. Nothing beats Smashburgers and Fries on the Blackstone. And these Pesto Parmesan Twists were great too, a real nice flavor to them with the Pesto, Mozzarella and Parmesan. They'd be awesome with some marinara sauce for dipping.

Thanks for checking out a weekend dinner!

Regards,
-lunchman

Looks great! I think my wife is going to love those breadsticks(?)

Never thought of doing fries on the Blackstone, how crispy are they compared to baking/frying?

Thanks. The recipe comes from tasty.co/recipe/cheesy-pesto-twists.

The fries are much crispier on the Blackstone than in the oven. For store bought frozen fries these are an excellent method to cook them, much better than anything I've done prior to the Blackstone.

Seriously, "a quick saturday night dinner"? Holy shat, can I just move in??

Beautiful job Dom, so creative and I just want to eat it. I need to open my mind.... and so does the Missus!

I think I need to get a flat top cooker.............thanks, but no thanks :icon_blush:

Looks awesome as usual. My family would love that -especially the twists.

We do smash burgers on the flattop pretty often. Have to try the frozen fries . That’s a new one in me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That all looks fantastic, Dom! Love the crust on the burgers! :clap2: My question about how the fries turned out was already asked, which you answered.

Seriously, you should do a stand alone thread on how to do frozen fries on a flattop griddle. Lots of folks here have griddles and would both benefit from and appreciate a tutorial!

By looking at the finished product I would have said no way to a quick cook but...with the Blackstone it is. It's amazing how fast you can get a meal together and clean up. Excellent as usual Dom. If I didn't have a deep fryer I would give those fries a whirl

Blackstone bliss!

Another fantastic flat top feed.

The parm/pesto twists will guarantee a happy wife and daughter, thanks for sharing!

That all looks fantastic, Dom! Love the crust on the burgers! :clap2: My question about how the fries turned out was already asked, which you answered.

Seriously, you should do a stand alone thread on how to do frozen fries on a flattop griddle. Lots of folks here have griddles and would both benefit from and appreciate a tutorial!

Thank you all. Nothing like smashburgers on a flat top.

I picked up a bag of frozen shoestring fries at the market yesterday, hoping I might get some time this weekend to do a fries cookoff: griddle vs stove top vs oven. I may be eating a lot of fries this weekend. :wink:

Back