Need help with picking a smoker

Congrats on the cooker and the wife being on board. Now go get the Akorn before she comes to her senses! This may be a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Looks like I was right. Sooooo...Are we sharing the lotto winnings???

Took my wife to Wally World to get the akorn. As I was putting in the box on the cart my wife noticed that this was the Only type grill that wasn't on clearance. The regular price was $288 so I got an associate to get the manager. She finally come back to us and I asked her about the price and why this one wasn't on Clearance like the rest of them. She looked at the grill and scanned it with a price gun and said it must have missed the markdown like the rest of the grills. She told me seeing how it's the last one she offered it up for $75 :shock: I told her that I would give her $50 and to my Surprise she said OK!! :lol: I didn't even wait around I went strait to the checkout with the Manager in tow to Hold her to her price. We left out of there and picked up some Lottery tickets. My wife said I must have a Golden horse shoe somewhere to have this LUCKY of a day. So come on Luck hold out for me so I can cash in on Power Ball or Mega Millions!!! :-D

That Just ain't right ...... I NEVER get Deals like that!

:shocked: 50 Bucks :shocked:
Took my wife to Wally World to get the akorn. As I was putting in the box on the cart my wife noticed that this was the Only type grill that wasn't on clearance. The regular price was $288 so I got an associate to get the manager. She finally come back to us and I asked her about the price and why this one wasn't on Clearance like the rest of them. She looked at the grill and scanned it with a price gun and said it must have missed the markdown like the rest of the grills. She told me seeing how it's the last one she offered it up for $75 :shock: I told her that I would give her $50 and to my Surprise she said OK!! :lol: I didn't even wait around I went strait to the checkout with the Manager in tow to Hold her to her price. We left out of there and picked up some Lottery tickets. My wife said I must have a Golden horse shoe somewhere to have this LUCKY of a day. So come on Luck hold out for me so I can cash in on Power Ball or Mega Millions!!! :-D

That's what I'm trying to get my wife talked into.

This is not only a BBQ forum, marital advice is offered up also. After said advice is followed, somebody can probably come up with the number of a good marriage counselor close by.....:doh:

Man that thing is a beast. Fifty bucks.... they would have upped the price on me....

Hell, I'd get me an Akorn, too, for $50! Damn!

...and I'd put it right next to my $60 SS2!!!! :wink:

Took my wife to Wally World to get the akorn. As I was putting in the box on the cart my wife noticed that this was the Only type grill that wasn't on clearance. The regular price was $288 so I got an associate to get the manager. She finally come back to us and I asked her about the price and why this one wasn't on Clearance like the rest of them. She looked at the grill and scanned it with a price gun and said it must have missed the markdown like the rest of the grills. She told me seeing how it's the last one she offered it up for $75 :shock: I told her that I would give her $50 and to my Surprise she said OK!! :lol: I didn't even wait around I went strait to the checkout with the Manager in tow to Hold her to her price. :-D

What a deal!!!!!

I'd go for the 22 WSM. You'll never regret getting the bigger size, and the 18 doesn't work nearly as well for ribs.

Yea I still can't get over the deals I got on these 2!! The Akorn is GREAT!! I did the BGE gasket on the top where the lid sets, on the ash pan, & behind the vent when I was putting it together. I put the weber grate in & a pizza pan for a defuser & drip pan. I then fired it up to do the seasoning. It took no time at all to get up to 400 with the dampers wide open so I closed the bottom down to 1 and set the top to a 1/2" open and she settled in at 460 for the hour. My wife then surprised me with a home made pizza she was waiting to put on the grill so I opened the dampers back wide open and the temp jumped to 520 so we put the pizza on and 12 mins later we had done our first cook. The pizza came out GREAT and my wife is wanting to fire up the Longhorn (the Monster as she calls it) this weekend to cook up some ribs. :-D

Get both. Kamado first.

Agreed, if it's efficiency you want, the Kamado is King. I've ran mine for 24 hours at 225, after I still had enough coal/wood to burn for probably at least another day or maybe even 2 without refueling. I have a "Vision Kamado Classic" btw. Around $600 brand new from Costco.

That made my day:clap2: thanks for sharing

Back