Nashville KFC

LYU370

Resident Idjit

Batch Image
Batch Image
Staff member
Name or Nickame
Andy
Did you know there is a Throwdown going on? Cook something and join us, it's a bunch of fun.

So this TD is HOT Spicy Chicken! Decided to make one of the first recipes I made when I first joined the Brethren. KFC! Kettle Fried Chicken. It was pretty big back then, haven't really seen it around lately. In this case it's on the Big Joe so it's Kamado Fried Chicken again and it's Nashville Hot Style.

Someone posted a question recently in QTalk if anyone used the brat seasonings from PS Seasonings, so I checked them out. Didn't buy any brat seasonings, but I did buy a bunch of other stuff. Free Sample with every order.

OFbz90kh.jpg

Seems that none of the stores around here sell chicken breader anymore. Found a random generic brand that I doctored up, added some fish breader for some extra crunch since it has corn meal. The Honky Tonk got the call, it seems to be pretty spicy, but I wasn't taking any chances so I brought in the big guns as well! Oakridge Crucible!

UjhQuzwh.jpg

Soaked some thighs overnight in buttermilk and some Honky Tonk hot sauce. Deboned a few thighs for some sandwiches, then everything got a double dunk.

Dunk one and into the fridge for a while...

YWbCRiih.jpg

And the out of the blue, this nonsense. A torrential downpour. But it's still sunny...

wJ1Rozeh.jpg

After a brief rain delay and soaking my wood... Ya always read, soak your wood chips! :noidea: Onto the Big Joe indirect at 400.

ltFDJLNh.jpg

anOuQF4h.jpg

Added some more Honky Tonk rub.

ZPOGPiKh.jpg

A spicy prickly pear margarita with a maple smoked salt rim for the cook.

F0V40lih.jpg

Getting there, looking good.

0Zjujuwh.jpg

Moved to the direct side to crisp up the bottom.

J14NegXh.jpg

Tossed in some Honky Tonk VINE-gar hot sauce... Crispy SPICY delicious goodness.

Ef0ZHAEh.jpg

AF3Sp2sh.jpg

HOLY SHEET BAT-MANS!!! HOTTTT juicy goodness!!!!

uJk6rhPh.jpg

Damn, think I'm finally figuring out this camera phone. Can't wait to get my new Pixel next week, that camera is supposed to be even better.

Thanks for looking...

Holy ****e, I thought Smoke Freak blew my mind with his hot chicken. Now this! What awesome looking chicken............wish I could have a bite.

You guys are killing it. I'm not entering this throwdown.....:bow:

Just kidding, it's just for fun, just don't have any creative ideas for this besides just wangs, lol

That puts the H in Hot!

I bought a bottle of Nashville Hot Chicken rub, and looking at the ingredient list..... cayenne is listed first before salt. I don't recall ever seeing that before.

Ok, I am copying this!

I also bought the PS Seasonings Honky Tonk Nashville rub and sauce after seeing the same post.

Good work!

Nice work.

I don't post every cook, but I'm still fan of kettle fried chicken. I usually just use seasoned cornstarch

I'll definitely borrow this idea

Back