My Name is Stlsportster and I Have An Addiction to Oakridge BBQ Rubs

They are of the highest quality for sure. I'll poo on them a bit by saying I wish the SPOGOS had more salt. The spicy rubs are simply the best!!!!

My wife is salt sensitive and the balance of SPOGOS makes it great for her. I do two tri tips I do one in Carne Crosta for the kids and the other in SPOGOS for the wife!

They are of the highest quality for sure. I'll poo on them a bit by saying I wish the SPOGOS had more salt. The spicy rubs are simply the best!!!!

Salt is the cheapest ingredient and used as a filler in most rubs. I don't mind a mix where I can just add a bit more salt, to our personal preferences. I already buy that in large packages!

Superb Product, Chit price down here.
Shame, it use to be Buyable direct.
Kudos to mike for supporting this Forum as well.:thumb:

5lb of which blend? Most are on a pull down menu like this AFAIK

Thanks, but unfortunately I know oh too well, where to option the 5lb. selections. That is why I made that comment. Have to like it, to buy in that size. And we do.
After several reorders of some of our favorites, I started going with the 5lb. bags.
Just didn't see anyone else other than myself, having mentioned buying in that size.
I think we have tried every rub, and ordered quite a few of the bulk individual spices, salts, and peppers.
So do I qualify for an Oakridge addiction meeting, if I have already purchased various rubs in the 5lb. sizes?

Geaux Tigers

I was a STRONG believer in making my own rubs until I saw Oakridge mentioned so much on this fine forum. So I gave in an ordered some.

And now I'm using one of their rubs several times a week, not just for BBQ.

My current stash has:

Comp Beef Pork
Carne Crosta
SPOGOS
Chile Lime
Crucible Ghost
HDD
Santa Maria
Black Ops
Venison & Wild Game

Thanks, but unfortunately I know oh too well, where to option the 5lb. selections. That is why I made that comment. Have to like it, to buy in that size. And we do.
After several reorders of some of our favorites, I started going with the 5lb. bags.
Just didn't see anyone else other than myself, having mentioned buying in that size.
I think we have tried every rub, and ordered quite a few of the bulk individual spices, salts, and peppers.
So do I qualify for an Oakridge addiction meeting, if I have already purchased various rubs in the 5lb. sizes?

Geaux Tigers

Part of my 30 pound explosion on Black Friday was 5, five pound bags. My first time ordering that size. Quite the spread of bags on the kitchen counter after unboxing.

I'm generally doing a cook every weekend with the average cook consisting of something like three racks of spares, 20 or so brats/sausages, package or two of chicken thighs, 6-7 pounds of chuck roast for pulling and at least two fatties. Then the wife and I proceed to have lunch and dinner for the rest of the week or longer.

Needless to say, I was going through a ton of Secret Weapon since it is our favorite on ribs and chicken. Figured I'd go with the 5 pound bag but then I started going 5 pounds on some other favorites. Bought the HDD for the first time and it was real nice mixed with Dominator on some spares.

Yup love there rubs. Just bought a big bag of the HDD you can put that on anything. Got a smaller bag of spogos gonna do a brisket for Christmas with it. Used Black Ops last year and it was awesome. You think I can do a layer of Black Ops and spogos or would it be to strong??

I used to turn my nose up at the idea of pre-made rubs. I didn't want spend my hard earned money on something I could make myself...

Then I won a throwdown and received 4 pounds of Oakridge rubs.

Now I am a Believer.

Thank you Mike for sponsoring the throwdowns this quarter.

You have earned yourself a customer for life.

I wouldn't consider it an addiction, but more so a well thought out choice.

I somehow never purchased Oakridge Products, but one day my deployed Son wanted some rubs for a Holiday Squadron Picnic. I tried going through a brethren owned distributor who wanted nearly $100.00 to ship some 1 lb packages of rub. They also told me delivery time would be almost a month.

I contacted Mike from Oakridge to see if he shipped to APO / FPO, the process was just way to easy, and Mike was more than willing to accommodate shipping the rubs. They arrived in less than a week, and the Squadron enjoyed a great Holiday Picnic.

After that I had to try the Oakridge Products, simply amazing! Lower Salt and Sugar Content than most other rubs, but a lot more spices which packs BOLD flavors.

I am sold on Oakridge Rubs, Oakridge Bulk Spices, and have never looked back. Occasionally a Brethren will tell me about a great rub and I'll give it a try, but I always return to the Quality Small Handmade batches of Oakridge Rubs.

My wife uses them in the kitchen for vegetables, soups, stews, and even roasts.

I even use them when i am called in as a guest Teacher to our Local Culinary Classes. I start with lessons on brining and move into seasonings. Oakridge Rubs / Seasoning have become part of the school's seasoning pantry.

I can't thank Mike enough for his devotion to providing quality products. Words alone cannot describe or express the great high quality products you produce.

Sorry to drag up an older post, but I came across this around Christmas time last year and meant to respond, but the Holiday craziness grabbed a hold of me and it took me forever to find it again. What I meant to say back then and even more now, was this...

I am humbled to tears (literally) by your kindness and love. Even reading through it again today months later has me welling up all over again. I am so eternally grateful for everyone's support here on the BBQ Brethren. It truly is the best place on the entire earth to learn and share about barbeque. I have been so blessed the past 10 years as our business has grown by leaps and bounds, no doubt in huge part to the love exuded here on this forum. However, it hasn't all been great. The past several years have been really tough as we have been in the "tween" years of our business where we're too big for our current location, but too small to really move somewhere bigger and market pressures & increased competition has made it even harder to make a living in this space. Plus, nearly dieing twice in 2017 and fighting through partial paralysis didn't help much either.

I go through bouts of insecurity and doubt about the brand I have created. Often times feeling broken and inferior to other brands on the market, even though I KNOW we are the best rub in the world. But, I come on here and find posts like this one and my hope and strength are renewed. It really is humbling hearing all of your positive comments and feeling the love you all share for the brand I have created. Honestly, it makes it all worth it.

So, to everyone here on this very special chunk of the internet -- I say THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart!!!!!

Mike Trump
Master Blender, Oakridge BBQ

If you'd like to learn more about the passion I pour into my rubs, I invite you to listen to my interview with Kevin Sandridge at The BBQ Beat Podcast --> https://bbqbeat.com/oakridge-bbq/

Sorry to drag up an older post, but I came across this around Christmas time last year and meant to respond, but the Holiday craziness grabbed a hold of me and it took me forever to find it again. What I meant to say back then and even more now, was this...

I am humbled to tears (literally) by your kindness and love. Even reading through it again today months later has me welling up all over again. I am so eternally grateful for everyone's support here on the BBQ Brethren. It truly is the best place on the entire earth to learn and share about barbeque. I have been so blessed the past 10 years as our business has grown by leaps and bounds, no doubt in huge part to the love exuded here on this forum. However, it hasn't all been great. The past several years have been really tough as we have been in the "tween" years of our business where we're too big for our current location, but too small to really move somewhere bigger and market pressures & increased competition has made it even harder to make a living in this space. Plus, nearly dieing twice in 2017 and fighting through partial paralysis didn't help much either.

I go through bouts of insecurity and doubt about the brand I have created. Often times feeling broken and inferior to other brands on the market, even though I KNOW we are the best rub in the world. But, I come on here and find posts like this one and my hope and strength are renewed. It really is humbling hearing all of your positive comments and feeling the love you all share for the brand I have created. Honestly, it makes it all worth it.

So, to everyone here on this very special chunk of the internet -- I say THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart!!!!!

Mike Trump

Master Blender, Oakridge BBQ

If you'd like to learn more about the passion I pour into my rubs, I invite you to listen to my interview with Kevin Sandridge at The BBQ Beat Podcast --> https://bbqbeat.com/oakridge-bbq/

You sir are a true gentleman, an individual that I WANT to have my business. Keep up the amazing work. God bless you brother :)

Back