My custom vertical off-set build Thread!!

That is coming along nicely. Good progress, glad to see a third hinge

I felt a 3rd hinge was a must. Everything is square, door fits and seals well. It was a little taller than I expected, but its fine. I won't have to reach over my head to pull out the top grate so that's just about perfect!

I got my order of 2 3" River Country Temp gauges today! I love these things!

IMG_1167_zpswlehgdps.jpg

Have you used these in the past? I'm in need of one for my smoker and on Amazon there's a few reviews that say don't buy this brand.... Are those just the normal crazy people that don't know what they are talking about

Have you used these in the past? I'm in need of one for my smoker and on Amazon there's a few reviews that say don't buy this brand.... Are those just the normal crazy people that don't know what they are talking about

Crazy people. RCs are great.

I've heard nothing but good things about River Country. They were recommended by quite a few people here which is the reason why I bought River Country!I'm sure that is just those crazy few people that might have had issues and what not!

Here's my question about these temp gauges! How do you tell if they are accurate? Just run the cooker with oven thermometers and see if they are close? I'm pretty sure they are spot on straight out of the box

Nothing wrong with River Country gauges. Lots of pit builders use them. If Paul Shirley uses them they must be pretty dang good.

It's almost time! My buddy cut the firebox door, intake, firebox hole that goes through to the cook chamber. Made handles and latches. Starting to look like a smoker! It's going to look awesome all painted up!

IMG_1184_zpslci2aeam.jpg

IMG_1193_zpsfdjw4ofn.jpg

IMG_1187_zpsmdedf81k.jpg

Still have the shelves, exhaust, paint. Then it should be good to go!

Looks really good dude!!!

Thanks man! I'm real excited. Through the entire build I kept wondering how its going to turn out. At this stage its really looking like what I planned for. Thank goodness I know of a guy that can build anything!

I Vote CAMO Paint Job,.! :heh:

Hope you don't bump your shins on that extra wide base.........:shock:

Smitty, We've mentioned CAMO paint LOL. The wide base is fine! I'm no where close from hitting my shins on it! We looked into that building it. Plus that will leave some extra room for storage or something

Here's an early picture from today!
IMG_1198_zps8upfc6pn.jpg

The pipe above the smoker IS NOT the exhaust! That is his supports to his car hoist.

Put the shelves in! Will add more shelf hangers for moving grates up and down. I think the exhaust is attached and he's working on more stuff! I'm just not home right now so I'm unable to get an updated picture right now! Will have one later.

My friend said the worst part of the whole build was building the grates LOL. Just a pain in the butt.

Back