My best brisket yet

chrpai

Found some matches.
Name or Nickame
Chris
I'm in Cedar Park (Austin) and I never get my brisket before from Randall's because they never had full packer cuts and their prices were like $4-$5/lb for what they did have. I always got a choice from HEB when I was being cheap or a prime from Costco for a cook that I cared about.

I go into Randall's the other day and they have full choice packers from Excel Beef for $1.67/lb when you spend $25. Something like $2.66 when you don't.

I picked an 18.4lb brisket up and smoked it 14 hours. OMG it was by far the best brisket I ever produced. Every single slice pulled apart perfectly. The bark, the smoke ring, the taste. We shared it with our neighbors and they noticed right away how much my game had been stepped up.

The only thing missing is that smoke taste as I do use a pellet smoker. I dipped in some Stubb's Smokey Mesquite sauce and it gave it that extra pop. I know... blasphemy to some.

Great outcome mate, you sound excited, pleased for you

I only took one photo but it won't let me upload it because of a security token or something.

I normally take all the money shot photos and stuff but when I took that first slice. pulled it apart and popped it in my mouth. I suddenly forgot about taking more photos.

I had to slice the whole thing up and send my kids to deliver to neighbors who were waiting on it so I was distracted.

My previous brisket was weird. A coworker asked me to make one for her family. I took it off the smoker, wrapped it all up and gave it to her. It felt so wierd not knowing how it came out and if the person carving it would do it right. (I gave them instructions.)

Congrats on the brisket cook. That never really gets old. Cool that you share with everyone!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back