Must-try Q in Phoenix: "Little Miss BBQ"

Tricky

is one Smokin' Farker
I was visiting Phoenix a few weeks ago and was looking for a good local place to eat. I read about "Little Miss BBQ," a place that styles itself as a Texas-style BBQ joint.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/little-miss-bbq-phoenix-2

https://www.littlemissbbq.com/

I've not yet had the pleasure of traveling to Austin, but the Q served at this place was fantastic and was exactly how I expect it to be at places like Franklin BBQ, la Barbecue, Salt Lick, etc. The owner is married to a girl from Austin and takes his inspiration from places in that region. Like those other more well known joints, you have to wait in line for a long time, and I was one of the last ones to get fatty brisket before they sold out about 12:45 on a Thursday. But seeing the guy slice the juicy brisket with the deep, dark bark, made my mouth water, and the food paid off. We got half a pound of fatty brisket, some ribs and a pulled pork sandwich.
Everything was great. One of the employees came out with samples of the their own jalapeno sausage, and I wished I could have had an entire link.

Worth your time to get there if you ever visit Phoenix. Now that national media is writing about this place, the lines are apt to get longer.

Here are a few pics:

Last edited:
I wonder how the lines will be in June, July and August? Phoenix needed a good Que joint.

This placed is owned by a former KSBC competitor and also a member of the now defunct Phoenix Food Nerds. This is our version of Franklin's and having had both I am not sure which one is better, that might be blasphemy to some but I would need to have both side by side to be fair. Even days apart there are some small nuances. If you hit town try them or Pork on a Fork, Bobby Qs, Naked BBQ, Texas BBQ and Danky's. They are all really solid.

Last edited:
When I was a kid one of the best BBQ joints in Phoenix was Bill Johnsons Big Apple, they had an amazing BBQ Pig Sandwich and the best apple pie a'la mode. Now we are talking 50+ years. They shut their doors a few years ago but lost their way about 30 years back. Have not attempted to eat much que in phoenix for 20+ years. There used to be a great que place on Washington but I believe it was swallowed up by the airport expansion. I need to get back up there and try a few of the places you mention.

Heard about that place. Forgot to look it up when I was out there last October. But alas, after reading this post I probably wouldn't have gone anyhow. I'm not hipster enough to wait in line for hours.

Back