MOINK Balls ~ ♫ ♫ We're jammin'.... jammin', And I hope you like jammin', too. ♫ ♫

thirdeye

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Jammin' ♫ ♫ ♫ ? Yes! I did my MOINK ball challenge cook today and used my favorite glaze (for now anyways), it's a Hot Pepper Bacon Jam, thicker than hot pepper jelly, and it has chunks.... but the flavor is incredible. I thinned it out just a little with some Ocean Spray Cranberry/Pineapple juice.

oRoP3H1.jpg

RAlb7CD.jpg

I intended on going full-MOINK but could not find normal size frozen meatballs, so I made my own a few days ago and froze them. Adding a binder and freezing helps a MOINK ball during cooking. Surface seasoning was black pepper and Cimarron Doc's Sweet Rib Rub... a very light coating.

inW9kBG.jpg

I like to smoke my MOINKs upright and indirect on a griddle to sweat the bacon and get the meatballs about 110°. Then I go direct to cook the bacon a little more.

j4uBADd.jpg

WqgOfGI.jpg

For glazing, I go back to the griddle, this buffers the heat and the sauce does not drip into the fire.

vWG5D7H.jpg

I've always eaten MOINK balls right off the toothpick. But for this challenge I went one step further..... a MOINK ball sandwich.

6eG98S7.jpg

Looks fantastic! I expected different when I pulled up the thread, lol. I figured you were listening to Bob Marley and went Jamaican Jerk on your MOINKs.

Looks fantastic! I expected different when I pulled up the thread, lol. I figured you were listening to Bob Marley and went Jamaican Jerk on your MOINKs.

Hehehee. Thanks, they call it "jam" for a reason. I tried this at a BBQ contest 3 years ago and really liked it. From their website: Roasted red pepper puree, jalapeno peppers and real bacon combine to create an addictive jam. For a quick appetizer, pour over cream cheese and serve with crackers. Use straight out of the jar as a dip. Pairs perfectly with strong cheeses. Delicious served with grilled fish and chicken or as a condiment on a sandwich, wrap or Panini.

I think there are way more uses than the suggestions, and the flavor is bold enough you can use a light glaze. Grilled or sheet pan asparagus is amazing with the bacon jam. I also like the fact that it stays glossy, even when leftovers are refrigerated.

Back