Missing 29 Year Old Original WSM Cookbook

Pappy

is One Chatty Farker
Thought it was in the landfill. It would make me feel sick just thinking about it.
I bought a 1983 WSM 18.5 off of Craigslist for $50. It was in perfect condition. It came with an original 1983 WSM Cookbook. The cover showed the guy holding some fish, the boy looking at the fish and the lady sewing and smiling. I also had the original assembly instructions to it. It was 29 years old and it survived. I showed them to anyone that would want to look at a piece of Weber history.

Then one day I went to look for them and it was nowhere to be found. I didn’t even get to read it. I just knew my wife had scooped it up with some papers and thrown it away. I didn’t accuse her but, that was what was always in the back of my mind. I searched the house 5 times and looked everywhere. Even went through the bags of trash for that week. I would think about the missing books and wonder what really happened to them. I knew I just had to just let it go. The books were gone.

Great news! Last night, I opened a drawer on my work table in the garage and there it was. I had put it in there for safe keeping. Guess I need to tell my wife that I found them and tell her I’m sorry for thinking that she did it all along. I’m sure she was thinking that I blamed her for it. The reason is, she throws everything away that she does not want. If it is hers, it will be around forever. Like I said, I did not accuse her of throwing it away (this time). I figured it was my own fault for not taking care of it in the first place.

Field & Steam photo (this is on the cover of my 1983 Weber cookbook)
WSMCookbook2.jpg

Weber Cookbook cover
WSMCookBook.jpg

Cool thing to have. I've seen that before but I couldn't tell you where. Must have been on the forum before a while back.

Glad to hear you found it. I'll quit looking for it now. :thumb:

Cool thing to have. I've seen that before but I couldn't tell you where. Must have been on the forum before a while back.

I remember there was a guy here on the Brethren that found one on CL, new, still in the box. He posted a pic of the book cover. It was about 8 months ago.

Back