Mini Mak is here but pricey

10lb hopper?

So what, 2 hours?

Is this for smoking, or grilling? How hot does it get? 600F, I guess you can sear some meats.

I guess you might be able to fit a pork butt in it. Maybe a 1/2 rack of ribs.

Last edited:
I’ve wanted one for a long time, now that it’s here I’ll have to pass.

I’d be forced to sleep with one eye open at a campground, someone takes the TREK I’ll hope they burn themselves and I’ll go get another one, but that one goes missing and I’d have to call in the posse!

That's almost $10 per sqin......
I can see people buying that grill, what I can't see is anyone talking it up.

-D

That's $2,200 more than I spent on my pellet cooker, that's twice the size. I've heard they're a great company and make a fantastic product; that price seems a bit excessive.

Matt

Those rivets look like crap for $2500.

The nice thing is that it is portable. You can easily haul that thing around for camping or even backpacking, as it weighs only 110 pounds.

110 lbs is portable?

Those rivets look like crap for $2500.

110 lbs is portable?

I'm not a fan of the rivets period. On any of the models. JMO.

as far as the 110lbs...someone needs their sarcasm meter recalibrated. :lol:

I understand that Mak owners love and rave about them. Admittedly I have never used one and never will unless it's given to me or belongs to someone else.

The cost to value ratio is simply not there for me personally.
In a side by side comparison for my use I don't see a $3500 + $400 shipping (Mak 2 star) out performing my $1200 (RT-700) to the value of $2300.+shipping.

No offense to those that love them. You do you, but I just can not justify it.
Mak also seems to be doing just fine without my money.

I’ve wanted one for a long time, now that it’s here I’ll have to pass.

I’d be forced to sleep with one eye open at a campground, someone takes the TREK I’ll hope they burn themselves and I’ll go get another one, but that one goes missing and I’d have to call in the posse!

your so disappointing Jeremy, I thought for sure you'd be first

your so disappointing Jeremy

You’re not the first to tell me that :biggrin1:

$1000/$1500 that’s a solid maybe, then there’s the rivets on the cook chamber, ummm no, should be full welded. It’s not that rivets don’t work, you ever been on an airplane? Well then you put you life in the rivets hands, I’m talking ascetics for the price. All that being said, I didn’t even get an itchy trigger finger..

10lb hopper?

So what, 2 hours?

Is this for smoking, or grilling? How hot does it get? 600F, I guess you can sear some meats.

I guess you might be able to fit a pork butt in it. Maybe a 1/2 rack of ribs.

the hopper is the same size as the cook chamber already. not sure the dimensions but of it can't fit a brisket or two racks of ribs thats a fail for a bbq grill, especially at that price point.

Huge disappointment, far too expensive. Constructing a portable grill out of all stainless steel is a big mistake as well, it’s just too damn heavy. I’ll stick with my GMG Davy Crockett for $300, it does the trick. Before you say the MAK will outlast the GMG, think about it, I can buy 8 or 9 GMG‘s for that price.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

That's ridiculous. And their hype on temp control is laughable. Mine has more swings than any other pellet smoker I've had before. That size/weight is just embarrassing. Guess I can't say I'm surprised.

Definitely not a grill for most! Personally, I have no interest as my family is to large. If it were just my wife and I and we rarely entertained… I would absolutely consider this industrial/commercial grade, lifetime warranty grill as my one and only. Crazy? Waste of money? To each their own :)

I've been here a while - there are some serious fans of MAK in this group. They don't make MAKS for people like me - I'm not in their demographic. But if they are skipping me -by design- and missing some of you (because of design features and pricing) this might have been a misstep by their design and marketing departments.

"It's a MAK- it will sell".

Guess we will find out.

I've been here a while - there are some serious fans of MAK in this group. They don't make MAKS for people like me - I'm not in their demographic. But if they are skipping me -by design- and missing some of you (because of design features and pricing) this might have been a misstep by their design and marketing departments.

"It's a MAK- it will sell".

Guess we will find out.

I’m a MAK fan, But I think they missed the boat on this one.
Maybe a couple of customer focus groups might’ve been a good idea…

That's $2,200 more than I spent on my pellet cooker, that's twice the size. I've heard they're a great company and make a fantastic product; that price seems a bit excessive.

Matt
Agree. I've always supported buying American made when it's feasible but that's out of my price range considerably for the size. The price does reflect employee wage and time though. It is a nice little cooker and I don't doubt the quality but it is 110lbs so not sure how well it works as a tailgater, especially with no casters.

Back