Spit Roaster build, PRON!

Impressive! I'm jealous of you crafty farkers.

I got a whole animal rotissirie a while back, I only use it about once/twice a year, but it sure does make for a fun party - ain't nothing like seeing a critter spin over a fire.

Great job on that and yer post brought back memories of when I lived in Austin - spent lots of time in yards drinking and grilling - so good!

Nothing ever broke from being over built! Great job! Engineering only makes things lighter and prone to breakage.

PitbossJB,

You are right. I followed the suggestions from the Journeyman Welder on the steel thickness. He said "You want your grand kids to inherit the spit, over build it." My kids are already laying claim to it when we die.

There is a saying "Anyone can build a bridge to handle the load, but only an engineer can build a bridge that can just barely handle the load." I think that fits here.

Gtr,

I was surprised how long people where out next to the fire,in the 110F heat, watching the meat spin. One of my buddies sat out there until he sweated through his shirt. He came in and said "Damn, that is hypnotic!"

I can hardly wait to do a pig, goat, lamb, or a hindquarter of a cow! The first pig will be Nov 3rd. I went to a bachelor party the weekend after the test run and a guy said he wanted to barrow it for a block party. I told him he could rent it for cash or invite me. He said "Oh man, you already had the invite! Just let me know what all to buy."

Back