Surf ‘n surf ‘n turf freezer dive dinner

sudsandswine

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Been in a bit of a cooking rut lately, so I went freezer diving, determined to make a great dinner. I came up with a vac pack of Black Canyon angus filets and some Argentinian red shrimp. I snagged a couple extra lobster tails I’d bought for a special meal tomorrow and went to town.

It all started with some homemade garlic herb butter. 2 sticks of unsalted butter, 3 large garlic cloves smooshed through a press, some Italian herb mix, and Himalayan sea salt. The shrimp got a treatment of Big Papa Smokers Bacon Jalapeño seasoning. The shrimp mainly served as a decoy from the lobster tail for the children, but I did have a few myself obviously :becky: Jealous Devil lump, the only thing my Primo eats.

The lobster tail was getting some action from the garlic butter, so I halved them for max effect as opposed to popping the meat up on top of the shell as is often done.

Purdy grill marks on the filets, delicate enough a cut I don’t always bother trying to go full Maillard

Shellfish up next, lobstah was meat down direct for about 4 minutes

Lobster tails finish indirect with some tasty buttery goodness to bathe in

Time to eat

One of the best meals I’ve had in a long time, for less dinero than you’d have spent for a mediocre plate at Tejas Roadhouse :thumb:

Last edited:
Eating better than 99.9% of the world due to mad cooking skills.
Photography is matched with cooking skills
Excellent freezer dive

You've got a much better freezer than we do hahaha. Looks great!

Back