Meaters are shipping

Block Backer here as well....I've resolved that it's not coming. I'm super pissed that Apption Labs is busy flogging individual units instead of getting Blocks shipped.....

As for Woodpelletsmoker he's waiting for his unit so he can copy the design and sell it cheaper......

Block Backer here as well....I've resolved that it's not coming. I'm super pissed that Apption Labs is busy flogging individual units instead of getting Blocks shipped.....

As for Woodpelletsmoker he's waiting for his unit so he can copy the design and sell it cheaper......

Ouch. :laugh:

Things like this is why I never support any kickstarts. I'm into drones also and have seen people get burned real bad there too.

If they have a great product that has longevity they'd be able to get commercial investors in my eyes. If a kickstarts looks cool I'll remember it when people start posting about them.

Next unnecessary comment or snarky remark about woodelletsmoker or any member will find the doors locked. You all know more than well we don't allow attacks or bad karma at another member. Back off.

As a MEATER Block backer it’s definitely been a lesson in patience, but they do seem to be making progress albeit slowly. They’re currently validating pilot production MEATER Block units to send out to the beta testers according to their blog.

https://meater.com/blog/meater-block-pilot-production-units/

I too am currently awaiting the block to ship. Thinking about buying a single unit to start playing with until the block gets here.

Because im lazy and dont feel like reading up on it....what was the difference between the block and individual units?

Because im lazy and dont feel like reading up on it....what was the difference between the block and individual units?

looks like one is just a short range wireless probe that connects to your phone with a short range. the block holds/charges up to 4 probes and extends the range.

I am tempted but have concerns about electronics being in the heat for many hours. I don't find the wires particularly inconvenient.

I am tempted but have concerns about electronics being in the heat for many hours. I don't find the wires particularly inconvenient.

I've got probably 300+ hours into my MEATERS at this point and they are still running strong. The electronics are in the tip of the probe where you insert it into the meat which is a great design because that keeps the temperature around those electronics from really going above 212°. They are good little probes and I absolutely don't miss the wires on the Thermoworks Smoke... I was so tired of dealing with those and worrying about getting them wet, etc.

The MEATER probes rely on Bluetooth for the primary connection and that range isn't very good, but the designers built in some options. One option is to use two different Bluetooth and wi-fi capable devices to connect on the same wi-fi network to extend the range. So with the normal probe I will link it up to my phone with Bluetooth and wi-fi, leave that next to the smoker, and then on any other wi-fi device on the same network(phone or tablet) I can open the app and receive the same data.

The other option is the MEATER Block... this is essentially just a Bluetooth and wi-fi piece of equipment which also charges the probes when they are not in use. So in the example I used earlier the Block would take the place of the phone I leave out near the smoker as the primary connection to the probes.

I made this sound confusing but it's really super simple in practice.

The wires aren’t usually an issue for me unless I’m trying to use it with the Shirley where the wires may not be long enough to reach everywhere, but being free of wires will be really nice when using a rotisserie.

I'm in desperate need of a digital that has at least 4 probes and am on the fence on whether to grab a Fireboard Extreme for $249 (2 air temp probes + 6 meat probes) or wait on the Meatwave block. :confused:I emailed Meater customer service a few days ago to get an update on the block and this is what they said:

Thank you so much for checking in, and we appreciate your support.

Our factory has finished pilot production of the MEATER Block and we are currently validating units for beta testing. We have already purchased all the long lead time parts, so we can move quickly into the mass production phase as soon as the results of the pilot test align with our high standards of quality. We do not have an exact ship date at this time.

Currently our plan is to begin fulfilling meater.com pre-orders once beta testing is complete and our crowdfunding backers have been shipped their MEATER Block.

If you haven't seen it already, check out the video we posted that showcases a prototype Block in use:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjnkznZyV4Y

Take care and don’t hesitate to contact us at any time!

93, please do yourself a favor and look into the Inkbird Bluetooth thermometer. They have a 6 probe unit and the connectivity is great.

I too have a Meater Block on order from the crowdfunding campaign. I poopoo'd a post they put on Facebook and they told me that they are looking to ship the first backer unitsby the end of the year.....smdh.

This unit is legit, and I have it. About $200 cheaper than the fireboard.
https://www.ebay.com/i/391784845161...3D711-117182-37290-0%26rvr_id%3D1434574637562

I'm in desperate need of a digital that has at least 4 probes and am on the fence on whether to grab a Fireboard Extreme for $249 (2 air temp probes + 6 meat probes) or wait on the Meatwave block. :confused:I emailed Meater customer service a few days ago to get an update on the block and this is what they said:

Dude. Go inbetween. GrillEye. Cool app and will take 6 probes (comes with 2). Great price.

Disclaimer: I am in no way affiliated with GrillEye. When I find a good product at a good price I do spread the word.

Probes are interchangeable for grill or meat. I've done maybe 40 cooks on this one. Works Great at a low price.

ldR1itR.png

pLzG3k8.jpg

o42xpXk.png

https://www.homedepot.com/p/GrillEy...1qZbXGnG7LJdk6JYncXQ3uYnN05MbXjxoCBIEQAvD_BwE

Dude. Go inbetween. GrillEye. Cool app and will take 6 probes (comes with 2). Great price.

Disclaimer: I am in no way affiliated with GrillEye. When I find a good product at a good price I do spread the word.

Probes are interchangeable for grill or meat. I've done maybe 40 cooks on this one. Works Great at a low price.

ldR1itR.png

pLzG3k8.jpg

o42xpXk.png

https://www.homedepot.com/p/GrillEy...1qZbXGnG7LJdk6JYncXQ3uYnN05MbXjxoCBIEQAvD_BwE

I think this setup is cool. The gnome looks like he doesn't, but I do

Back