THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

i want to try this. no snp or spices in the meat? what recipe did you use?

tumblr_mtzmeqC16Z1qcga5ro1_500.gif

i want to try this. no snp or spices in the meat? what recipe did you use?

Didn't follow any recipes. Had an idea of how to go about it and just rolled with that. Only sprinkled some salt on. I ground the meat, formed them into McRibs, semi-froze them and put them in the fridge until cooking time. Took them out 15 mins before they were to go in the smoker and by that time they softened up a bit. At that time I sprinkled some salt and onto the smoker they went. You can also mix in salt/spices once meat is ground then shape them. I chose to salt after since I was going to dip the whole patty into bbq sauce.

That's gotta be way better than the real McRib!

Looks funky but I would devour it knowing what it really is.

I used to love those when I was a kid. I had one a few years back and couldn't believe how gross it was.

Yours looks great though. I need to try something like that.

Definitely not a fan of a Micky D's McRib, BUT what you did looks fantastic and I am definitely a fan of your creation.

McScuse me!? Haha priceless.

I actually have NEVER had a McRib before. Mickey D's was always about the nuggets for me. But your sandwhiches made me put home made mcribs on my bbq to do list. I'm surprised how many online recipes don't grind and shape the meat. That looks like half the fun!

Good job.

Steve

McScuse me!? Haha priceless.

I actually have NEVER had a McRib before. Mickey D's was always about the nuggets for me. But your sandwhiches made me put home made mcribs on my bbq to do list. I'm surprised how many online recipes don't grind and shape the meat. That looks like half the fun!

Good job.

Steve

Thanks Steve! It's a killer sandwich if the right ingredients go in. I never had it either until I made one. :mrgreen:

Back