THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WBoweIII

Found some matches.
I made a previous post about Maryland Style Pit Beef that I swore came out great... I was wrong... This pass came out 10x better... I think I may have deviated enough from the "grill it plain and simple" MD Pit Beef Style that it might really not be MD Style but I am gonna call it that till someone tells me what else to call it. :razz:

I cut a 10lbs whole tip bottom roast in half and soaked it in brine for 24 hours - brine recipe follows:
A can of Beef broth
1/2 cup Kosher Salt
1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
1 tablespoon Black Pepper
1 tablespoon Garlic Powder
1 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
Enough water to bring it up to 1/2 gallon

Then I injected it with a mix of

a can of Beef broth
1 teaspoon Onion powder
1 teaspoon Garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce

Then I rubbed it with
1 tablespoon Kosher Salt
1 tablespoon Black pepper
1 tablespoon Garlic powder
1 teaspoon Cayenne pepper

Threw is on the UDS at around 300 degrees (no smoke wood)... Cooked until the internal temp got to 90 degrees and flipped it. Kept cooking until I got to 120 and started probing it... (about 3 hours total) Pulled it when most of the roast was around 125/128.... Wrapped in foil and dropped it in the cooler for an hour.

After an hour I sliced it thin (on a home grade meat slicer) and it turned out FANTASTIC... to quote my 8 year old "This is the best thing I ever put in my mouth"....

I am not quite sure it was the best thing I ever put in my mouth (insert dirty joke) but it was REALLY REALLY good.

Attachments

• Brined and Rubbed.jpg
    Brined and Rubbed.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 365
  • Sliced and ready to eat.jpg
    Sliced and ready to eat.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 369
  • Cooked - Rested  - and split for slicing - close up.jpg
    Cooked - Rested - and split for slicing - close up.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 370
I am a little new to the BBQ world so I assume when you say blot it you mean dab it with a paper towel to get the outside dry.

No I didn't. When it came out of the brine it already had a really nice coating of pepper and spices on it that I didn't want to disturb

And I will stop calling this Maryland Style Pit Beef and just start calling it Ummm Good!!! :grin:

Back