Marquette Heights, IL BBQ Brethren Benefit cook ala Chambersuac >>LOTS O PICS ---- PRON HEAVY<<

Great job guyz!

Did anyone mention you all look the same... from behind?

Yeah....in Wood Pile, Dan offered up a challenge, that the person who lost the rib cookoff would have to have his head shaved!!! He offered this, of course, within a day or so of having his noggin shorn!

When I got there, I said....well.....NOW, the Brethren will all think we lost the rib contest!!!:laugh:

Oh, by the way.....did I mention who won? I can't recall.....
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1759137&postcount=243

:roll::tape:

Those are some awesome pics Kempis. Thank you!

If y'all haven't met Chambers, do yourself a favor and figure out how to do it. Funny, humble, caring, competitive, open, friendly... what other adjectives are there?

Dan, thank you for sharing your sanctuary, your home, your family (from the few minutes I had with them, lovely people too. Joseph enjoyed his time with Drew), your time, and thank you for allowing me to come to Manito (pr. MAN-I-TOE) and serve. I am embarrassed that I was not more help and that I slept for as long as I did.

Clark.....a real pleasure to meet and cook with you too, brother. You've got some fine boys there. I think you and I are RIGHT ON with our parenting styles. Obviously I only hung out with you for, what....22 hours?.....but I watched and listened. Your family reminds me of mine. I would see my sons Kempis and Orion whenever Andrew and I were talking. And Joseph really reminds me of Guerin. We're DEFINITELY gonna make it up to the yacht club one day to visit.
That is seriously high cotton right there. Thank you. Part of bringing my sons to events like this is to teach them to live like Paul exhorts us in Philippians 2:3 "Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility of mind regard one another as more important than yourselves." We are called to serve our fellow man. Pretty simple really.

Thank you guys for a splendid weekend. I look forward to meeting your family one day Kempis, and I look forward to seeing you and your family again too Dan.

Dan, please pass along my thanks to Stan, Gene, and Ray too. It was an honor to have met them as well.

Thanks for the post Kempis!

Dan, Kempis, Clark, I am proud to be a brother, just sorry I missed out.

Thanks for all you do Dan! :thumb:

You just got the haircut to try and intimidate Kempis, right? :becky:

About the paypal account question - they do not have anything like that set up...so I don't know of anyway to have y'all do that. I feel a bit uneasy having money wired into my account on someone else behalf. As a Pastor, I am wary about getting other folk's money anywhere near mine, 'cause if something were to happen and questions arise, Pastors are the first accused. Not that Y'ALL would do that, but it's just something I try not to do. Thanks for the offer!

Clark, FYI, Karen is already talking about coming to the WYC! Kempis, I need your school-out date ASAP.

Brethren, especially those of you who are fairly new, this thread is a good example of the kinda folks here. These two drove for hours - at their own expense - to help people that they had never met. It happens across the country - wherever the BBQ Brethren are. I'm thankful to be a part of it. You folk are good folk.

Back