MARINADE, SAUCE, and RUB FOR CHICKEN can be yours.

Thank you for putting this prize drawing on!

My fantasy chicken:

Chicken leg quarter
Take the skin off and save it to make Kentucky Fried Chicken Skin drizzled with honey and hot sauce
Cold smoke the chicken
Meatglue bacon weave where the skin used to be
Then smoke to an IT of 160F
Buttermilk batter and deep fry along with the battered skins

Well it's Midnight here and it is now October 14th, no further posts will be considered or entered into the pick. Only one of those that previously posted in the thread will be eligible to receive the items listed above.

In lieu of a random number generator, I have elected to go with The "Wheel Decide" random name picker because there was a greater interest than anticipated.

The names below will be entered into the random name picker, and the wheel will spin to pick the lucky Brethren which will be identified in a post later this morning. The post will show a screen shot of the winning Brethren as selected by the random name picker.

The following Brethren below have posted in the thread for an attempt to receive the package described above.

Free Mr. Tony
mikemci
chrisbruin
Monte Cristo
tonyjohnson619
FSUQ
Texmex01
Sea Rover
Tat-que
AussieTitch
mattmountz94
sliding_billy
DrewZ
Decoy205
greenmountainsmoke
EricD
lkissell
Jrogers84
Old Man 79
Hillbilly BBQ
ml8163
Trunks
Bigbears BBQ
TexArlina BBQ
LPcreation
bfreeland38
dcimike125
mrbodnar
Bob Ivey
aawa
BBQDaddio
Haveuseen1?
roademier
Dave M
Q Junkie
mike243
smoke ninja
Fwismoker
jwtseng
mcyork28

Good Luck...

Well it's Midnight here and it is now October 14th, no further posts will be considered or entered into the pick. Only one of those that previously posted in the thread will be eligible to receive the items listed above.

In lieu of a random number generator, I have elected to go with The "Wheel Decide" random name picker because there was a greater interest than anticipated.

The names below will be entered into the random name picker, and the wheel will spin to pick the lucky Brethren which will be identified in a post later this morning. The post will show a screen shot of the winning Brethren as selected by the random name picker.

The following Brethren below have posted in the thread for an attempt to receive the package described above.

Free Mr. Tony
mikemci
chrisbruin
Monte Cristo
tonyjohnson619
FSUQ
Texmex01
Sea Rover
Tat-que
AussieTitch
mattmountz94
sliding_billy
DrewZ
Decoy205
greenmountainsmoke
EricD
lkissell
Jrogers84
Old Man 79
Hillbilly BBQ
ml8163
Trunks
Bigbears BBQ
TexArlina BBQ
LPcreation
bfreeland38
dcimike125
mrbodnar
Bob Ivey
aawa
BBQDaddio
Haveuseen1?
roademier
Dave M
Q Junkie
mike243
smoke ninja
Fwismoker
jwtseng
mcyork28

Good Luck...

Do Not include me in the draw, thank You.

The following Brethren below were entered into the wheel. Sorry AussieTitch, you were already entered and the wheel was already spun before I saw your post. For the winner(s) be sure to thank the "BBQ Brethren Throwdown Forum" for rejecting my offer to anonymously sponsor a Chicken Throwdown Cook. In the end, I had more fun giving the prize this way, I hope everyone has enjoyed a chance to participate.

Free Mr. Tony
mikemci
chrisbruin
Monte Cristo
tonyjohnson619
FSUQ
Texmex01
Sea Rover
Tat-que
AussieTitch
mattmountz94
sliding_billy
DrewZ
Decoy205
greenmountainsmoke
EricD
lkissell
Jrogers84
Old Man 79
Hillbilly BBQ
ml8163
Trunks
Bigbears BBQ
TexArlina BBQ
LPcreation
bfreeland38
dcimike125
mrbodnar
Bob Ivey
aawa
BBQDaddio
Haveuseen1?
roademier
Dave M
Q Junkie
mike243
smoke ninja
Fwismoker
jwtseng
mcyork28

and I let the wheel spin while I went to bed... In the morning I found the winner on my screen.

Chicken%20Prize%20Pick%20mikemci_zpsvmxj147c.jpg

However Mike stated in his post "If my post # is drawn, please draw another # and gift your goodies to someone that will do a better job with them."
Be sure to thank Mike for the second chance... So we will spin the wheel again.

The Pick is now ........

Chicken%20Prize%20Pick%20Smoke%20Ninja_zpseix2iubb.jpg

Congratulations to Smoke Ninja, please respond to your private message to provide me with your proper e-mail address.

However while One in forty may be good odds in the lottery, I decided they were too high for my liking. So I decided to get a few more items and send a couple lesser prizes just to expand the fun of a giveaway. While the lesser prizes may only be a single marinade or just a rub, it will be something for chicken. Yes, I think it's fun to share or give items, and I want nothing in return except for you to use them.

The lesser prizes will go to the following:

Free Mr. Tony
Dave M
Q Junkie
mcyork28

A private message has been sent to you asking for your proper mailing address. Please respond to the Private message and DO NOT Post your personal information in this thread. Failure to respond to the

personal message in a timely manner will result in forfeiture of your package which will then go to another Brethren in the list.

I would request that once you receive your items, follow the directions on the label. For the first time you use the items, don't use anything else with the item so that you can tase and see what the item does to the chicken. IE: don't use a rub with the marinade.

The Cornell Chicken and The Spiedie Sauce both require a 24 hour refrigerated marinade. Put in a zip-lock bag and pour enough of the marinade to cover the chicken. Burp out the excess air in the bag and try to turn several times during that 24 hour period.

The Chiavetta's requires much less time in the marinade, 1 hour for legs and thigh pieces, 2 hours for breasts, 4 hours for halves or spatchcocked.

Oakridge Rubs - Don't be stingy, apply a nice liberal coating. Oakridge Game Changer Brine - follow the directions.

The marinades and brine do extremely well with hot direct heat over the coals, and then moving back and fourth between direct and indirect so the chicken is fully cooked and the skin is crisp.

Post a picture of your cook if you can.

For those who didn't have their name drawn, these marinades are available at most Wegman's Supermarkets. Those who don't have a Wegman's nearby, prices on Amazon can sometimes be too high, so I'd be happy to assist you with purchasing any of the items locally and assist with shipping them to you if you wish. With the Oakridge products, you just can't get a better price and cheaper shipping than the distributors already offer.

For those who didn't participate and wish to try some new items, you should check out our Trading Post Forum. Brethren from diffeent regions of our country are paired up another Brethen in a distant state, in hope that they will share regional or local favorites with those who would not normally ever try these products. Our next trade is in December and the Trade Sign-Up should begin in late November. http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6

Thanks madman. Most generous. And well i guess ill thank the TDs, but a chicken throwdown would be fun.

Cant wait to cook some, ill be sure to post my results

Thank you very much. I've been in Japan for a week so have been missing bbq. I will happily use my gift and post back the results.

Just a quick note; Your packages are in the mail...

Looking forward to seeing you cook with the items and your reactions to the finished product. If you don't like the outcome you won't hurt my feelings, so be truthful if you post your cook.

I just finished working long hours on phase I of a contract and I am taking a small break before they are ready for phase II. I will be able to log-in everyday and see your posts if you should cook with the items.

PatAttack was the first to recognize the winners, but I also noticed that out of the 43 Brethren who posted for an attempt to get the package, only two were kind enough to congratulate those who were randomly selected (Hillbilly BBQ, and aawa). To these two Brethren will go a good sportsman item that I will ship at a later date after my break. PM me your mailing address and I'll send something new to try....

Don't worry PatAttack is not overlooked, I respect his request for his privacy.

Thanks iammadman! Got my "secondary" prize today, but didn't seem secondary at all. Looking forward to using all of them,as they are all new to me. I also think I've been inspired to sign up for the next trade round. Should be fun.

I have big thanks for IamMadMan as well, my care package arrived yesterday. I'm heading out at lunch time to get some chicken. :)
20161021_074547.jpg

That's amazing.

Little olive oil toss. coat with oakridge chicken rub. throw on the kettle for 30-45.
then into the fryer for about 60 seconds.

Thanks iammadman! Got my "secondary" prize today, but didn't seem secondary at all. Looking forward to using all of them,as they are all new to me. I also think I've been inspired to sign up for the next trade round. Should be fun.

Cant wait to see how the new sauces affect the flavor of that cat!

Cant wait to see how the new sauces affect the flavor of that cat!

Haha. That is Arie.

Unfortunately, he loves the countertop, especially the slab over the dishwasher when it is running. It gets very warm, and he gets very comfortable. I do alot of disinfecting before I cook there after he's been there just in case anyone is grossed out.

Back