MARINADE, SAUCE, and RUB FOR CHICKEN can be yours.

This is mighty kind of you.
My favorite chicken at home is on a beer can. I rub the skin with mustard then a mix that is similar to Italian and lemon pepper combined. I put a "timed fuse" on the beer can before plopping the bird on it. It goes on a warm pit so where it cooks up to an hour and a half. Fall-off-the-bone-deliciousness (almost) every time.

Ive used the chicken state fair one on your recommendation...its pretty damn tasty!

I like to marinade/brine for about 2-4 hours (Max overnight) and then use the Honey Bourbon Plus rub from Rubbin Right. I feel it helps get rid of some of the fat in the skin, add some flavor to the meat and the rub is like the icing on the cake for flavor.

Ive been playing with marinades and brines lately trying to come up with the perfect combo. I do this for Comp Chicken or Pulled. If I do pulled, mix 75% quarters with 25% breasts. I cook at 275-325 depending on the smoker I use. I cooked at 280* with the Chain Smoker last week and had bite thru skin :)

Try this one on for size, fairly simple to make:

• ¾ cup olive oil
  • ¼ cup red wine vinegar
  • 1 garlic clove, minced or ½ teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
  • 1 teaspoon kosher salt
  • ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
http://www.rubbinright.com/product/honey-burbon-rub-plus/

My favorite is smoked thigh and leg qtrs. I like to season them with Obie Cue's Double Garlic Pepper and a layer of what ever BBQ rub I'm in the mood for. Then let them smoke to about 140 internal temp. Then I throw them on the grill with high indirect heat to make the skin crispy and finish them off. Delicious!

BTW... Thanks for doing this!

very nice of you !!!!

my fav way to cook chicken is split backbone and lay flat opposite a bank of coals with a chuck of wood...... rub in well it changes everytime !

thanks again

Very cool! I've been trying to perfect my competition chicken for a while now. I use bone in thighs, scraped skin, marinated in Italian dressing, good sprinkling of plow boys yard bird, and then cooked on the smoker in mini loaf pans for uniform shape. I use a mixture of sauces similar to a Myron Mixon recipe and it's getting better each time I tweak it a little.

Awesome, thanks for the generousity!

I like to spatchcock a chicken, rub it olive oil, salt, pepper, and a little cajun rub. Then, on to the Smokey Joe for about an hour. Easy, fast, and delicious!

Very generous of you for doing this, my favorite chicken is wings, marinate overnight, season with a couple touches of heat, pull to sauce then back on my rotisserie to finish up, fall off the bone hotness. Thanks again.

That is really generous. My wife grew up in Spiedie country, and loves it. Can't get it down here so my father in law bootlegs some down when they come to visit. He used to bring Yeungling too but now that it is legal to sell in CT (old 1600's blue laws) it doesn't taste the same.

Very cool! I've been trying to perfect my competition chicken for a while now. I use bone in thighs, scraped skin, marinated in Italian dressing, good sprinkling of plow boys yard bird, and then cooked on the smoker in mini loaf pans for uniform shape. I use a mixture of sauces similar to a Myron Mixon recipe and it's getting better each time I tweak it a little.

Similar for me. As a part time competitor (maybe once a year), trying to perfect the cupcake chicken that the judges love (BTW, I am a Master Certified KCBS judge.)

But planning on expanding my chix repertoire with smoked drummies, spatchcock, whole bird on a can, etc. I'm also trying different rubs. Recently got Plow Boys Yard Bird and have some Oak Ridge rubs at my disposal. Nothing like practicing and having my co-workers enjoy the effort. :razz:

Thanks for the donations!

Mike

As others have said, this is a very generous offer, thank-you. Good luck to all that enter.
My favorite is to do chicken thighs on the Performer indirect using the Vortex. Before I got the Vortex, chicken has always been a problem for me. I use Harry Soo's SYD rub and his combo of powdered Tang and powdered lemonade. Then cook indirect till chicken is at 165*. The family now loves my chicken and I am now a fan of chicken. Thank-you.

My favorite way to cook is whole chickens on the roti. I slather with a compound butter of thyme, sage, rosemary, salt, pepper, garlic. Then I then melt some of the same compound butter and will baste it every 15-20minutes using a bundle of rosemary and thyme as the basting brush.

The smells coming off the grill when that chicken is cooking is simply amazing.

Favorite way to cook chicken is cut in half and hung on the PBC. Another awesome method method is chicken wings on the skewer. It makes cooking them so easy.

Try to keep the chicken kiss as much as I can.

Vince

Very Generous offer and thank you. I have used this on spatchcocked birds and parts/pcs of birds. I marinate them in Orange Juice and Soy sauce for about an hour. I then give them a rub down with some soft butter and a sprinkle of SPOG. Grill them around 375 till done. Turns out great everytime.

My favorite, sorry my wife's favorite:wink:, is to marinate a spatchcocked chicken in olive oil, Dijon mustard , fresh rosemary, thyme, oregano, garlic ,salt and pepper and then cook it in the Egg flipping it til it's golden crispy and done.

Thank you for the generous offer. Rotisserie is my favorite to eat, but for ease and lack of cleanup my diy vortex on the kettle gets used way more. :)

I have been on the spatchcock band wagon for a while now but I especially like to cook them with free spices and marinades donated by a very generous MadMan. I am making a spatched bird tonight and will drop a pic in here later of the finished bird.

:hand: congrats to the sponsor and winner,I love chicken and the best way is,Fried in lard,#2is any way I can get them out of the smoke when its done.Hard to say the favorite way when its hard to mess up imo

The Best Chicken You've Ever Had

My prefered goto chicken cook is direct high above the light of a fire. While spatchcock is terrific i feel the skin stays more crisp while you eat with parts, thighs are probably my favorite. Often ill put the parts in my flat rotisserie basket. I like to slather. Usually mayo but sometimes hot sauce...(gasp) or both. Lightly season with a salty rub, who doesn't like Tony C's, and cook over fire until the chicken reaches 190-200 IT. A dusting of bread crumbs is nice too.

Breaded

I'm with ninja-son and preferred way sees results from seeing the light of a real fire whether rotisserie or grate cook on the 007. All hail fire light.

Back