Maiden Voyage on new Limo Jr.

Chester

is one Smokin' Farker
Name or Nickame
Chester
Well, I picked up my new smoker from Southern Q on Saturday. Fired her up and ran her for 16 hours on Sunday doing a seasoning, cooking a fatty and then a prime rib dinner. It ran like a champ. Dialed in any temp from 200 to 325 and it would go their and hold steady. I will certainly do some more detailed reviews of it down the road as I get experience with it, but so far so good. The temp from bottom rack to top rack were fairly consistent. I checked it at 225 and it was maybe 5 degrees off. At 325 maybe 15-20 degrees, but that was a brief check.

IMHO these are one of the better deals in a cabinet style smoker. 12 gauge metal inside, 14 outside, fully welded except the hinge at the top of the coal chute, as they wanted this to be easily replaced as it is the most common section of a gravity feed to have issues. Good size, well made and decent price.

Pick a color you want from a 1k selection. I was going to go with a metallic blue color, but after seeing Roadpir8's new Limo Jr., decided to go green.

Here is my attempt adding pics

pic 5.jpg

pic 4.jpg

pic 7.jpg

pic 6.jpg

pic 1.jpg
Prime rib getting ready to come of the smoker for a sear.

Last edited:
Thanks guys!

One of my favorite features on these Limo Jr's. is the door gaskets Scott uses. It's the same type LSG uses on their cabinet smokers, with the quick clip in system. Makes it very easy to replace if needed.

You can partially see it here on this picture of the coal chute lid. I will try and get a better picture of this at some point.

pic 3.jpg

Here is a picture of the gasket with the quick attach. This makes it a simple process to ever replace the cook chamber door, firebox door or charcoal chute gaskets.
pic 8.jpg

Here is a picture of the cook chamber height measured.
pic 11.jpg

Overall, the cook chamber is 23.5 inches tall, 20 inches wide and 23 inches deep. This does not include the the area below the bottom grate where the heat enters the chamber, just the portio that you can use.

I have 6 slides total, and 4 racks. The racks measure a shade under 22.5 inches deep and just 19.5 inches wide.

Thanks for posting this. Do you have a cover for it? I actually just spoke to Scott this morning and figuring out a few options. Your casters are the standard ones, correct?

Thanks for posting this. Do you have a cover for it? I actually just spoke to Scott this morning and figuring out a few options. Your casters are the standard ones, correct?

No Cover. I may get one eventually. It lives on a covered screened porch that is pretty isolated from the weather, but it is hot humid Florida.

Options I got were that I added 3 sets of slides, and went with stainless steel racks (4 total, it comes standard with 3 racks) instead of the expanded metal.

The 8" castors are standard. He does have some thicker turf tires available. I did move my limo Jr. across the grass yard with no problem, but I have hardpacked sand turf in Florida. I wouldn't benefit at all going to a turf tire, but if you have a looser soil, it maybe something to consider if you need to move it a lot over terrain. I really like the standard castor though.

Last edited:
How's the heat difference on the bottom rack vs the other racks?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Too soon to tell.

I checked it while running at 225 and it seemed to be about 5 degrees hotter at the bottom rack than the middle rack (reading the Tel Tru which was spot on when I had the thermometer at the same level).

When I increased the temp to over 300, I was getting 15 to 20 degrees hotter. I was playing with the controller though, seeing how quickly the pit would take to reach a higher temp and then to decrease temp to a lower temp, so I wasn’t 100% focused on getting accurate measurements at all levels of the chamber.

The Limo Jr. smoke stack is always fully open, no baffle to choke it down. I had my 10 cfm Guru fan open all the way as well. I was really impressed with the ability to simply dial in a temp, and it would go there and hold steady. From 200 to 325. The fan was working to keep the 325 temp going. Didn’t try push it above the 325 or below 200. Probably would need to choke the fan down to run it below 200.

I will do more measurements in the near future.

Just an FYI, the heat enters the cook chamber at a downward angle from the right side to the left (runs about half way across the chamber) and then hits a heat baffle on the the left hand side that is angled upwards from right to left.

$too many dollars LOL holy crap. Must be nice to live in the land of plenty grats on your hard work Sir :<). lookin forward to seeing your future cooks.

$too many dollars LOL holy crap. Must be nice to live in the land of plenty grats on your hard work Sir :<). lookin forward to seeing your future cooks.

And here I thought I was buying an affordable Gravity Feed...LOL.

Not many less expensive. Some are way more.

And here I thought I was buying an affordable Gravity Feed...LOL.

Not many less expensive. Some are way more.
I bought one in that price range. Everything else was higher. But that Limo will last forever.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back