THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I like:

1) the extra space on the top rack due to the new shape
2) that I can put ribs or brisket in longways and not just sideways
3) those temp gauges looked pretty consistent to me!

Can't wait ������

I like:

1) the extra space on the top rack due to the new shape
2) that I can put ribs or brisket in longways and not just sideways
3) those temp gauges looked pretty consistent to me!

Can't wait ������
I think it's a great little backyard smoker for a somewhat decent price. I usually only cook for 2 but at times we have company so these 20" smokers would handle everything that I need to cook especially when I have other cookers. Love all the LSG Offsets.

Typically, yes that is true. However, Chris Goodlander just posted a video using one with a traditional wood fire and I'm very intrigued by this.

https://youtu.be/XS9OxLwbt1g
This is just my opinion so it means nothing really, but a Guru can't supply the volume of air needed for burning sticks hence having the intake partially open, plus you still have to refuel regardless. If you know how to run a stick burner it's not needed, but I understand people like having options.

I dont really like the aesthetics, and it's a downgrade in steel thickness (3/16"). But offers more space. Top flow design....meh. You can DIY a top flow design for any pipe smoker.

$1700 for a 20x42 seems to be a good deal and I like that Chris is at least attempting to innovate. I don't know that I would buy one but do like them.

Back