LSG Mini vs LSG Standard help before order

It actually comes with one if you order the cart, and you can add the other later on at any time to the LSG if you want one on each side.

On the Humphrey's Chad said they have to be done during the build, and can't be added as an option later because they add extra support during the build under the thin outer skin. I also feel its a good idea to get them on any of them if nothing else to hang towels etc. off of them. Not to mention pushing, and pulling.

Chris did say his can be added any time because of the construction thickness of the smoker 11GA. Thats why I let it slide for later to see how things go. The cart also comes with 10" casters standard. The cart should help transfer weight as well.

That is one reason I was looking more into the Qube'd option of Humphrey's not as top heavy, and a bit more stable IMO. Also why I like the width in the standard LSG a wider stance for weight transfer. maybe I'm totally wrong, but that was part of my thinking anyway.

I didn't opt for the fold down table for $250 dollars because I plan on getting a stand alone SS prep table to set next to it. I can get a 24"x 36" for under $200. I haven't looked at all the sizes, but they are all easy to come by.

It is not just about being too heavy, moving that much weight take a lot of effort, a firm thing to hold helps.

Well I tried to order today. Don't have any way to call long distance. Left my number via email, but no one called back. Hope to get it done tomorrow. I went with the standard.

Chris almost convinced me to switch to the Mini. said he sells about 60% standard 40% Mini

I just figured I would regret it if I did the Mini, and I don't like eating crow when everyone tried to tell me otherwise.

I went with this setup just to order may add a few small items before its over.

LSG "Standard"
Comp Cart
Extra Rails x 3
Extra Racks x 1
Heat Deflector

What time of day did you e-mail them?

Seriously, this is a big investment. You have done a LOT of research. If it comes down to I can get the loaded mini, or I can get a limited full size, but I have decided on the full size, wait and save for two more months and get the full size with all the add on's you want. You don't want to get it and go "This would be great if it had a handle, or a shelf, or tie down's, or whatever"...

This maybe the last smoker you ever need to buy. Get it right the first time...

Seriously, this is a big investment. You have done a LOT of research. If it comes down to I can get the loaded mini, or I can get a limited full size, but I have decided on the full size, wait and save for two more months and get the full size with all the add on's you want. You don't want to get it and go "This would be great if it had a handle, or a shelf, or tie down's, or whatever"...

This maybe the last smoker you ever need to buy. Get it right the first time...

The only item I passed on that needs done during the build is the SS side table. Everything else can still be added. I have a different plan to use a stand alone SS table.

From 10 AM to a little after 4PM then a few more after 5 PM to tell him my plans for getting in contact today. He answered up to the time I asked him to call me. That was around 4PM. Once I had my end covered.
They are real good about replying to e-mails up until close to closing time. Then it's next day replies. I would bet Amber will call you this morning sometime.

Wait a G.D. minute!!! I'll have you know I just contacted LSG the 11th of this month. 2 weeks to the day. You would think I have asked a ton of questions here or something. The nerve of some of you. Friends. Who needs enemies I say!!!

:icon_smile_tongue:

Wait a G.D. minute!!! I'll have you know I just contacted LSG the 11th of this month. 2 weeks to the day. You would think I have asked a ton of questions here or something. The nerve of some of you. Friends. Who needs enemies I say!!!

:icon_smile_tongue:

LOL. Simmer, I Say Simmer, down there!

Back