Louisiana Champion Grill at Costco

I wonder how even temps are from that 1st cooking chamber (door that opens upwards) to that first cabinet directly to its right. Looks like heat goes from left to right and then up to that last cabinet.
JMlOolJl.png

Zooming in I lose picture clarity, but looks like Main chamber is 180-600 then the next is 150-350 (I think) then it goes to 60-180. Would be nice if all the usable space could be at the same temp, but I definitely see the use for different ranges. I like the variety in my SF by using the warmer for diff temps.

There are also several exhaust holes in the main chamber in case you didn't notice. They remain open the entire time regardless of what position the other dampers are in, so no matter what you are dumping some heat out of the main chamber before it gets to the vertical.

Louisiana also has a pretty decent direct grill setup as well. The drip tray slides over to expose the firepot for direct heat. It's a small, but useful area.

There are also several exhaust holes in the main chamber in case you didn't notice. They remain open the entire time regardless of what position the other dampers are in, so no matter what you are dumping some heat out of the main chamber before it gets to the vertical.

Louisiana also has a pretty decent direct grill setup as well. The drip tray slides over to expose the firepot for direct heat. It's a small, but useful area.

There's holes that just dump heat vs keeping it in the cooker for no good reason and you can't do anything about it? Where are they that I missed? Sounds awesomely useless :crazy:

There's holes that just dump heat vs keeping it in the cooker for no good reason and you can't do anything about it? Where are they that I missed? Sounds awesomely useless :crazy:

It's part of the Louisiana convection system. I assume that's why they are saying 350 Max in the lower vertical. If that exhaust wasn't there, I would imagine you could keep it at similar temps. I suppose you could try taping them off or plugging them, but may screw with the airflow.

In this particular setup, it seems that they could have benefitted by putting a similar slide system on the main chamber that is on the vertical box .

Nothing that some aluminum foil cant fix. I've done that on my old TG-300 in the past to shut some of the heat loss off. No reason it would not work, the PID will keep your temp in that chamber steady.

It's part of the Louisiana convection system. I assume that's why they are saying 350 Max in the lower vertical. If that exhaust wasn't there, I would imagine you could keep it at similar temps. I suppose you could try taping them off or plugging them, but may screw with the airflow.

In this particular setup, it seems that they could have benefitted by putting a similar slide system on the main chamber that is on the vertical box .

Thanks.

Where'd you find that pic? I've been searching for more pics of the unit online but can't find anything.

FYI, never ask your wife for details. When she sent me the text that they had the smoker I assumed she took a look at it. She told me she walked by sent me a text and that was all. I was like, "What the hell! You knew I was interested." She said, "you're not getting it anyway."

Defeated once again. If my car wasn't coming I would have that monster. I think I will prefer the car though.

My wife gave me the pass to get this smoker. Problem is, it weighs 472 lbs. No idea how I'm going to get it home much less off the truck.

Costco is now listing this online for $1199.00. I haven't seen them in my area, Fresno, CA. The $200 difference is direct shipping to your door via truck with lift-gate. This thing might take me to the pellet world.

Costco is now listing this online for $1199.00. I haven't seen them in my area, Fresno, CA. The $200 difference is direct shipping to your door via truck with lift-gate. This thing might take me to the pellet world.

Oh boy!

For $1000 in-store or $1200 online, with Costco's generous return policy, how can you go wrong? If it sucks I'll just haul it back and get a full refurned!

The only lame thing I'm seeing is just a 25 pound hopper. Would be nice to have the added capacity considering the large cooking area.

so I picked this thing up yesterday and got to unpacking it and putting it together this morning. all in all it took me about 3 hours (maybe more) to unpack and assemble everything.

this dang thing had probably 100+ lbs of packing material.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 628
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 626
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 626
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 624
so as I was assembling everything, here is what I observed.

1. the metal is not paper thin, but then again its not 1/4 steel

2. everything went together pretty easy

3. clear and concise instructions with pretty decent pics

4. for something made in Canada its pretty decent

Back