Looking for options on pork butt that is not pulled??

Chopped is for fundraisers and restaurants to make it go further.You gotta add finishing sauces and such to keep it moist.If you do not want pulled pork cut it into steaks,CSRs or just cook it til 180 or so and slice it.They are all good ways to prepare/serve it.I tell you another one that is some good eats,chunk it off like you plan and serve with Barvarian kraut,put a little mustard on the pork when you serve it or have really good German mustard on the side.

Now she says she doesn't care for the pulled texture being stringy pulled pork.

I am not an expert, but the pork butt is comprised of many different muscles, some stringy and dry and others that fall apart like butter. I would suggest doing some research on that and dissecting and cooking all the muscles individually. For example, the "money muscle" is very tender and just falls apart, maybe you prepare that for your wife.

You may also want to consider injecting your butt which will cause it to break down further during cooking.

Chris

Smoke it to about 185* IT. Slice it as thick or thin as you like.

20150222_180644.jpg

Been cooking them that way for years.

I like pork butt all kinda ways, and sliced is way up there. Love doing 'em that way, and actually currently debating whether to go pulled or sliced as I stuff logs in my cooker. :hungry:

Also - Tootsie's pork steaks - yeah, do that. Fanfarkingtastic.

Back