Lone Star Grillz Vertical Insulated Cabinet Smoker-For the new Owner

Swole, looks like you where sitting @ 225 before you opened the door.

Did you roll at 225 for the whole cook?

Seeing your LSG makes me feel like I should go clean up my doors...

-D

Swole, looks like you where sitting @ 225 before you opened the door.

Did you roll at 225 for the whole cook?

Seeing your LSG makes me feel like I should go clean up my doors...

-D

I started off loading meat at the 200-215 mark.
Rolled it up to approx. 240-250 during the middle of the cook.
Once I wrapped everything and pulled the chicken, I took it up to 280-290 to speed up the cook. Worked great!!

I usually like to do my briskets naked all the way through for great bark and lot's of smoke, but wanted to make sure all of the meat was going to be moist and not any hard over cooked dried parts.

New family member here

Hi all. Well I just wanted to say that I was down in Houston on 1/16 and paid a visit to LSG. I ordered a 24x40 single door offset smoker and could not be more excited!! Chris the owner actually was there and showed me around and placed my order. Let me tell you, he is a very nice person to do business with. He was very polite, knowledgeable and helped me with my decision. If you haven't seen his works of art in person, I can assure you that these things are tanks, heavy and extremely well made. I was even more impressed once I was able to get my hands on one. Now the waiting begins.

Hi all. Well I just wanted to say that I was down in Houston on 1/16 and paid a visit to LSG. I ordered a 24x40 single door offset smoker and could not be more excited!! Chris the owner actually was there and showed me around and placed my order. Let me tell you, he is a very nice person to do business with. He was very polite, knowledgeable and helped me with my decision. If you haven't seen his works of art in person, I can assure you that these things are tanks, heavy and extremely well made. I was even more impressed once I was able to get my hands on one. Now the waiting begins.

Chris is a first class guy in every respect. Welcome to the family.

There is a Lonestar Grillz Fan Page if anybody is interested. Great that this thread is still going.

There is a Lonestar Grillz Fan Page if anybody is interested. Great that this thread is still going.

Most of the members here that have a Facebook are on the fan page. It's actually pretty good since not all of us post our LSG cooks on here all that much.

Most of the members here that have a Facebook are on the fan page. It's actually pretty good since not all of us post our LSG cooks on here all that much.

I've enjoyed being in the group. Sharing cook photos is easy and asking LSG specific questions usually gets a flurry of replies.

I stumbled upon the Lone Star Grillz Insulated Mini by simply googling Insulated Smokers. Same thing happened with this particular forum...

Anyway - I have some questions for the people here about it if you don't mind.

I don't like to cook with water or steam. I'd much rather inject.. anyone care to share the displacement/size of the built in water pan and/or the fire bricks used to replace the water?

I spoke with Chris and a couple of his receptionists on the phone and all say there are no hot spots in the cabinet. Is this factually accurate?

I exclusively use a flameboss 200 (soon to upgrade to a 300) and the larger universal 15cfm variable speed fan. Any of yall use this combination?

How much of a pain is it to clean after use?

I only aim to smoke 4-5 15-18 pound wagyu packer briskets at a time. While I also smoke the standard ****.. beef and pork ribs, tritip, butt, etc ... brisket is my goto... will this cabinet impress me? Any disappointed customers here?

Realistically .. how long will 20 pounds of lump burn (mixed with pecan chunks) @225?

Lastly, will Chris fabricate a slide or plug for the water fill?

FYI - I plan on purchasing the mini with the "competition package" next week.. not to compete, but the larger wheels and stainless hardware seem legit.

Thanks yall

I stumbled upon the Lone Star Grillz Insulated Mini by simply googling Insulated Smokers. Same thing happened with this particular forum...

Anyway - I have some questions for the people here about it if you don't mind.

I don't like to cook with water or steam. I'd much rather inject.. anyone care to share the displacement/size of the built in water pan and/or the fire bricks used to replace the water?

It is about 2 gallons in the mini but you don't need water to cook. It has a heat diverter so no need for fire bricks.I put a pan in the bottom to collect drippings.

I spoke with Chris and a couple of his receptionists on the phone and all say there are no hot spots in the cabinet. Is this factually accurate?

Absolutely factually correct

I exclusively use a flameboss 200 (soon to upgrade to a 300) and the larger universal 15cfm variable speed fan. Any of yall use this combination?

I use a big Guru but a lot of guys are running Flameboss. I can't tell you which model. The owner of Flameboss can answer this

How much of a pain is it to clean after use?

As long as you use a drip pan in the bottom cleanup is a snap.

I only aim to smoke 4-5 15-18 pound wagyu packer briskets at a time. While I also smoke the standard ****.. beef and pork ribs, tritip, butt, etc ... brisket is my goto... will this cabinet impress me? Any disappointed customers here

Very much so. I have not heard of any disappointed customers.

Realistically .. how long will 20 pounds of lump burn (mixed with pecan chunks) @225?

About 20 hours

Lastly, will Chris fabricate a slide or plug for the water fill?

Question for Chris but I use a wine cork. Others use a fencepost cap

FYI - I plan on purchasing the mini with the "competition package" next week.. not to compete, but the larger wheels and stainless hardware seem legit.

Thanks yall

Git r done!

Back