THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I didn't measure them but they're enough for brisket, ribs, suasage etc, though it might be tight for pork butts.

Thanks. I am going down to Conroe on Friday to take a look at a few cookers including the cabinet smokers but Im leaning towards a vertical offset with a warming oven right now. I think Ive been cooking on an offset wood smoker for too long now to move to something else and I really like the versatility the warming oven adds to my outdoor cooking arsenal.

Southstar how many weeks do you have left to wait ?
I have 6 weeks to go ?

I don't know. I ordered mine on 5/17 and have not received an email stating that they have started to build. I spoke with Amber a couple of weeks ago and told her to take their time if needed.

I don't know. I ordered mine on 5/17 and have not received an email stating that they have started to build. I spoke with Amber a couple of weeks ago and told her to take their time if needed.

My order was placed and paid on 4/14 and I have not received the email stating my build is starting either. Large vertical insulated cabinet.

New mode released today....[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Competition Smoker Cart (This includes 10'' run flat tires, S/S handle, and 24''x20'' S/S table) [/FONT][FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]$545.00[/FONT]

Nice option not much more than the combined cost of a side tray, handle, and large wheels. Larger footprint and larger wheels makes it easier to move. LSG never stops improving what they offer.

First off I hope LSG will chime in for others here on the board. I have many questions that I would like to see them respond to. Some may need to be sent PM.

Since I know this is all about LSG I expect bias, but also think I can get great info.

I have been looking at smokers for a while. I started looking at many different types. I thought I had it figured out. Well, I don't. I want to make this a purchase that will last as long as I want it to. That may be forever. In saying that I want to make the right choice.

I have looked at Pellet, GF,RF the only one I have yet to include is stick, and that will never be an option that I see for a multitude of reasons for me.

I was pretty set on a Humphrey's, but Chad has been out of the office for a week, and it gave me some time to look around. I have read this entire thread, and now once again I have question on what to get.

If anyone can break down the +, and - between the two builds it would be great. Simple is better.

I will be cooking for under 5 most the time, but also want the ability to cook for 20 or so people. I doubt I will ever reach 50, but just in case.

I think all will do so. I will be a backyard killer no comps.

Humphrey's I'm looking at the DEB or Qube'd Box. I stared looking at the BB, and Pint. Have up'd the game a bit.

Sell me on the LSG over the Humphrey's. I do think both are great as well as many others. I know both are great have great support, and great customer service.

I do have a few wink wink questions to start with.

Indirect Flow vs Reverse

which will cook better with or without water

which has easier clean up

which will produce better smoke flavor or adjustment

temp control, start up, and cool down

which has more features that actually matter, and what one do you feel has better build quality. Not just wt, and size.

What structure does LSG have the Humphrey's have tubular frames.

LSG Mini vs standard.

I feel the mini will easily serve my needs for amounts, and that will let me get more options on a mini. If I get the three added slots for racks, and order 3 to 4 more racks will the mini cook as well as the standard size? So will that allow me to pimp out a mini vs a standard. I know everyone wants bigger, but is it needed if not doing comps or large cooks( which I think the mini does).

I know everyone says bigger is better, but how do you know if its needed.

How many people will a mini/standard serve or how much can you fit per type of meat loaded, but not overloaded.

Side note I think the mini is larger than any of the Humphrey's I listed?

This leads to the next question

Cart or not? Is money served better in other options. Has anyone gotten one yet?

I do like the cart option, but is there a better choice such as a stand alone SS mobile table. I can get them for around $200 to $300.

The shipping cost will play a roll in some of this as well.

on a 17x22 rack you can fit 2 12-15lb briskets.

at this rate you may never decide.:becky: also hard to believe after almost 100 pages there are still unanswered questions. i never thought i would see someone worse than me when it comes to picking a cooker. my wife thinks i am crazy. what does your think?

on a 17x22 rack you can fit 2 12-15lb briskets.

at this rate you may never decide.:becky: also hard to believe after almost 100 pages there are still unanswered questions. i never thought i would see someone worse than me when it comes to picking a cooker. my wife thinks i am crazy. what does your think?

I'm more worried about space for ribs. My budget will help control my brisket output.

The total just didn't add up on some of the Humphrey's, and they don't have a break down on the LSG website that I found?

You're wife is very nice. :razz:

My fist cook on the LSG Insulated Vertical went pretty well, 2 briskets, 1 pork butt and 2 pounds of bacon. I pulled one brisket a little too early, but that's the cook, not the cooker. Cooking on pans and racks in the WSM and Primo wasn't so bad as it was only one pan to clean up after. I might have to change over to disposable trays.
IMG_20160709_095333895_HDR_zpszkhfuuur.jpg

Burnt to a T,

There is no comparison between the Humphreys and the LSG.
It's apples to oranges. I am not talking about cooking, I am talking about materials, weight, and build. Two entirely different animals.

You really need to see both in person before you make a decision, or a ou may waste money getting the wrong smoker for your needs.

I am not saying anything bad about the Humphreys cookers, I am merely saying they are completely different build when compared to the LSG.

I have had three folks from this site PM me and arrange to come look at the LSG. And then I send them to our local KC BBQ store 10 mins away to look at the Humphreys.

All three have ordered LSG after their trip here. And I don't even have to sell them on the LSG, an remain as neutral as possible. But a pit is something you need to touch, feel, open the doors, slide out the racks, look over, inside, under, and all around looking at build materials and build quality and attention to detail.

For example (and this is just one) look at the front door gaskets on the cooker and the firebox. LSG is replaceable, internally sprung commercial oven gasket.
Humphreys is normal rope gasket, glued on with high temp red sealant.

Completely different animals altogether.

You can always see my LSG, and our local Humphreys, if you ever get down to KC area. Would be a worthwhile trip before you drop a few grand $$$!

Hope that helps!
Jason

Great looking cooker and fantastic thread. Still undecided between LSG and a Pitmaker.

Wish the LSG door had the gasket seal instead of on the oven. Also wished the door was inset like the Pitmaker. It rains a lot here and having the door with a frame around it would help keep rain from sitting on the seals.

Lots of choices.

I am sure you could request a steel trim for the door. I keep mine covered when not in use, so the only time I would think that was needed was when cooking, and even then, the heat will dry any rain out...

Back