THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many racks of baby or spares will the mini hold vs. the larger? Thinking about pulling the trigger, but just can't decide on the size..

On the large, I have fit 6 racks of SLC ribs per grate, so 24 max without rib racks. Can't speak for the baby...

:mrgreen:

The Eagle has landed!!!!!!
IMG_20160705_120937414_HDR_zpsnqqgz209.jpg

I got it un-crated, took the crate stuff to the dump, my daughter helped me get it up and down a few concrete steps into it's new home:
IMG_20160705_172306336_HDR_zps7ffdfx9v.jpg

I got it cleaned up, and it's seasoning now...
IMG_20160705_181109546_zpswpuuzqof.jpg

My temp gauge is a little off, but I'll get it adjusted later. I can't wait to get some cooks in on this thing....

Looks great! What tire option did you go with? I cant tell if you special ordered some. I am thinking about change my order to a custom tire.

Looks great! What tire option did you go with? I cant tell if you special ordered some. I am thinking about change my order to a custom tire.

I got the 8" wheel upgrade (two swivel and lock) , since my smoker will live most of it's life on the concete, I didn't think the custom wheels/tires were necessary.

How many racks of baby or spares will the mini hold vs. the larger? Thinking about pulling the trigger, but just can't decide on the size..
I have the mini and got 7 rack spaces with it. I only got 6 racks though because I reached my budget and didn't want to go over. I can cook 4 babybacks per rack so 24 racks or 28 if I got one more rack. SLC's 3 per rack and full spares 2 per rack. As far as ribs go if you get the optional extra racks you can almost equal the capacity of the standard cabinet for quite a bit less money.

That said though if I had to do it again I would probably go with the standard(large).

I have the mini and got 7 rack spaces with it. I only got 6 racks though because I reached my budget and didn't want to go over. I can cook 4 babybacks per rack so 24 racks or 28 if I got one more rack. SLC's 3 per rack and full spares 2 per rack. As far as ribs go if you get the optional extra racks you can almost equal the capacity of the standard cabinet for quite a bit less money.

Then again, I could have ordered extra racks and spaces too for the large cabinet too...

That said though if I had to do it again I would probably go with the standard(large).

I think your buyers remorse started about the time you threw that big G on the front... :mrgreen:

Kidding bud. All I know is that for the money, neither can really be beat...

First test run seasoning last night, it takes about an hour to come up to temp but then it locks in solid and it's super easy to increase temps with the Guru, it also recovers quickly after opening the door etc. I ended up putting 4 temp probes in the cabinet and moving them around high to low front to back and so forth, about the most temp fluctuation I ever saw was 4 degrees. I guess that can be a good thing or bad thing as a lot of guys like to use the different heat zones to their advantage on stick burners etc, but I like the consistency of this one. The boss said some pretty serious words last night though, "No more grills Honey, seriously, please, no more grills." :roll:

I have no clue how much space I will need, but ordered the large. Also added 3 extra rails. Going to start with the 4 racks and order extra if needed. Can't wait to get mine these dog days of summer are long.

Back