THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So, I kept seeing this one chrome nut on the right side just below the table level. There was no bolt head on the inside of the smoker that I could see. Curiosity got to me and I sent a picture and asked Chris what it is for. It's a lock to keep the table on. If you need to remove the table for any reason, remove the nut and then the table will slide off the hinge. Figured I would share in case others are curious.

Attachments

Yep...I fully understand how to add the water and that I do no need to. I am more asking if I were to add water after 6 hours of seasoning would it affect the 'seasoning' of the water pan. I don't know if it is best for that to cool down prior to adding water into it.

I'll leave it to cool down as I believe that when seasoning it's got to be done properly. If you start to use water after six hours it would steam clean off most of what you have applied.

Have fun and chill.

verical smoker

I wanted to thank all the group for your great info. I just ordered a Lone Star vertical (insulated) smoker. It should be here in about 9 long weeks. I came to this decision by reading your posts and comments so thank you to my fellow brethren.:clap2:

I wanted to thank all the group for your great info. I just ordered a Lone Star vertical (insulated) smoker. It should be here in about 9 long weeks. I came to this decision by reading your posts and comments so thank you to my fellow brethren.:clap2:
Congrats, you won't regret it. Good to see another LSG coming to Michigan.

Mdra- Only like a week or 2 ahead of you in the same wait. Filling up my freezer with stuff to test drive in it as soon as is gets here.

I am considering the purchase of a LSG mini vertical and most if not all the people on this thread are very satisfied with it. My concern and question is that there is not a drip rail on the door for grease to run off of. Is there any issues with the bottom of the door gasket getting a lot of grease on it? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Only had mine for three cooks so far, but have not seen anything come off the door. Only drippings I have seen have come when I pulled a grate out to put meat on or off. I have a mat under the front to catch that from hitting the ground, but a little landed on the firebox SS door. I have thought of talking to Chris about designing a small piece of SS in an L shape that would screw on under the gasket rope of the FB door. This would go upwards to the gap between the door, and then bend 90* out between the FB and the chamber doors. I would think sticking out an inch or two further than the door would be enough to stop drippings from landing on the FB door.

I am not thinking this is an original idea of mine, I think I saw something similar in this thread a lot earlier. Anyone elses thoughts on it?

I talked with Chris about a drip pan about 4 months ago. I even e-mailed him a picture of the removable drip pan option that Humphrey's offers. He said he thought it was a good idea and would look into it and get back to me. I haven't heard back. :noidea:

No need for anything. Grease doesn't run down the door, and any drips when sliding out the racks can easily be wiped up at that time, or after the cook.

Simply not an issue with the LSG vertical insulated cabinet, IMHO.

Also, it's a smoker guys....they get a bit dirty! Don't understand the keep it spotless mindset. Clean, yes. Spotless, no such thing!

I hold an aluminum pan in my left hand, under the grate under each meat as I sauce. No drips, no issues. Also catches the extra sauce so I can re-sauce again without waste!

Got my CyberQ yesterday. Anyone have any pictures showing how the bracket that mounts the controller is mounted?

Yes, how to attach the mount to the smoker. I saw some images where people just bend the bracket so it stands up. That's one way I could go, but the table is on the other side of the smoker from the valves where the blower goes. I would think that their ball valve attachment would have a way to attach the bracket to it, but that sounds too sensible.

I tried doing a couple things to mount the guru on the side of the pipes, and I didn't like any of them. I used some magnets and a shelve with magnets on it from harbor freight and it left imprints in the paint. I ended up adding some length to the fan wire by splicing into it and adding enough length to go from the table on the right side to the intakes on the left. It is pretty easy to do. I used some extra speaker wire to extend it with. I have mine attached to the flexible one with the magnet and on the side with the table

Back