Lone Star Grillz Vertical Insulated Cabinet Smoker-For the new Owner

Just goes to show the quality they put into the builds if they are selling them faster then they can make them...

Just goes to show the quality they put into the builds if they are selling them faster then they can make them...

Lone Star quality and experience is why I bought mine. I could have had any one of several different brands with little to no wait. I decided to go with the best built insulated cabinet in the world for that reason alone.

Just an FYI. If you will be needing to winch or pull your cooker into or onto a trailer, have Chris weld a tow ring to your cooker prior to it being painted.

Just got off the phone with Chris a little bit ago. Placed my order and now the wait begins!

Full size Insulated Vertical Smoker
Stainless handles on both sides
Tie-down rings
Upgraded casters
Adjustable "T" plates
Removable heat deflector
3 extra rack spaces

Just got off the phone with Chris a little bit ago. Placed my order and now the wait begins!

Full size Insulated Vertical Smoker
Stainless handles on both sides
Tie-down rings
Upgraded casters
Adjustable "T" plates
Removable heat deflector
3 extra rack spaces

Congratulations Blake. Good to have you with us here.

Just an FYI. If you will be needing to winch or pull your cooker into or onto a trailer, have Chris weld a tow ring to your cooker prior to it being painted.

I did ask for that addition! Before I ordered, I was trying to think of every possible scenario where I might have to move the LSG mini. I would like to eventually make a custom cart with custom golf cart wheels.

Has anybody here used the "flavored" charcoals from Kingsford such as mesquite, hickory, or applewood in their smokers? Any opinions?

I've read this whole thread. Lots of great information here. I'm debating the size cooker to suit my needs. Can someone provide the dimensions of the cook chamber for the large and mini cabinets?

I've read this whole thread. Lots of great information here. I'm debating the size cooker to suit my needs. Can someone provide the dimensions of the cook chamber for the large and mini cabinets?

The important cooking dimensions are mentioned on their web site. The rack sizes should give you an idea on cook capacity.

The Large cabinet has 4 racks, each rack measures 24'' deep x 27'' wide. Each rack can hold 2 full size foil pans.

The Mini cabinet has 4 racks, each rack measures 22'' deep x 17'' wide. Each rack can hold 1 full size foil pan.

Both models slide out racks are 6" apart.

Your decision really depends on how much food you want or may end up cooking. I ended up cooking for family and friends every time I fire the smoker, and its almost always running at 90% of its capacity.

If you are good "they will come" :)

I am a die hard believer of a "watched pot never boils" :becky:

If I counted the seconds when I ordered mine, would drove me nuts...had to keep my mind off it...I even stopped using my WSM so I wouldnt keep thinking about it...

Still worth the wait...

Yeah, I'd have to stay away from this site, quit watching reruns of BBQ shows, quit smoking or grilling on my other boxes, hell, basically, I need to have myself put into a temporary coma awaiting Chris or Amber's email to not be thinking about it. :mrgreen:

Houston (Willis), we have a problem...

Attachments

• IMG_4428.JPG
    IMG_4428.JPG
    150.3 KB · Views: 409
Kidding. I have been in contact with Chris, and she's almost ready, but he couldn't commit and have me drive the four hours each way when he wasn't positive it would be ready for me. Maybe tomorrow. Maybe Monday. Soon....

:wacko:

I just got my T minus email yesterday. Much quicker than I had expected. I guess that is a good problem to have!

Good afternoon! I wanted to let you know that we have started fabrication on your smoker! From this point it usually takes 7-10 business days to complete. We will contact you once its done. Feel free to contact us with any questions that you may have. Have a great day!

Congrats. It's a long 7 - 10 days, or at least it feels longer. Which smoker did you order?

Back