Lone Star Grillz Vertical Insulated Cabinet Smoker-For the new Owner

Just seen video on Lonestars site and noticed that Chris has upgraded the seals on VIS. Now there will be a stainless meche seal. That is why you can't go wrong with Lonestar Grillz. Chris is always trying to improve his product. But I gotta say "this wait is killing me". Good job Chris

Just seen video on Lonestars site and noticed that Chris has upgraded the seals on VIS. Now there will be a stainless meche seal. That is why you can't go wrong with Lonestar Grillz. Chris is always trying to improve his product. But I gotta say "this wait is killing me". Good job Chris

Yes I meant to post about that yesterday. We have been working with a OEM manufacture of high end ovens and appliances to manufacture for us the same style door seal that you would see on high end ovens. This new seal for us is in the same configuration as we have been using so it will seamlessly integrate into our smokers. This new seal has a 304 stainless steel mesh/spring core that will last much longer that the rope seal will and wont put as much pressure on the door latches decreasing wear and tear. Best thing of all is that this new seal will be installed on our smokers going forward but since its made in the same configuration as our old seals it will fit in your existing smokers when your old seal needs to be replaced. As mentioned we updated the videos on our site to show the new seals.

Thanks
Chris
Lone Star Grillz

Terry,

Save your cash bro. I have yet to use my cyberq on the vertical offset and doubt that I ever will. Cabinet LSG is a whole another story though.

Thanks Sako. I guess I will. That's another almost $500 that I am not sure I want to part with...

Luckily, all these improvements are being added while you are still in the queue. Better than to be the guy who gets the one right before all the improvements... :biggrin1:

Hey, I'm down to ~67 days... :tsk:

Yes I meant to post about that yesterday. We have been working with a OEM manufacture of high end ovens and appliances to manufacture for us the same style door seal that you would see on high end ovens. This new seal for us is in the same configuration as we have been using so it will seamlessly integrate into our smokers. This new seal has a 304 stainless steel mesh/spring core that will last much longer that the rope seal will and wont put as much pressure on the door latches decreasing wear and tear. Best thing of all is that this new seal will be installed on our smokers going forward but since its made in the same configuration as our old seals it will fit in your existing smokers when your old seal needs to be replaced. As mentioned we updated the videos on our site to show the new seals.

Thanks
Chris
Lone Star Grillz

Thats an awesome feature upgrade. Looks really good too. The constant improvements make me really glad I purchased the smoker!

I'm very new here but have read all of these post I have been cooking comps for only 4 yrs now, I have a offset smoker that really does a great job and is so well built that I cant see myself getting rid of her. My son will end up with this ole thing. But to the point I shopped and shopped and I made the choice to buy from Lone Star Grillz based on all I read about Chris and Amber that says a lot. I'm not taking anything away from Abes smokers which I read several comments from a user of one but I needed to do business with people I can drive over and speak with if I have issues. I have placed my order for two large verticals and one Mini. It may be over kill but kinda like having bullets its all fine until you needed more and I don't think I will need more cooking room for a while. Like I said I love to do comps and this may be a learning curve but im game, I plan to use a go-pro cam for some videos and pics for yall but I have a long wait. will chime in time to time until then happy smoking.

Finally got it off the trailer! Can't fire her up yet due to time constraints, but I expect Wednesday I'll light Natalia up for seasoning and maybe a naked fatty :)

H1NEYsN.jpg

golEr7H.jpg

How are you guys loading your charcoal loading for shorter cooks? Chris recommends stacking the charcoal all the way to the top to control how fast it burns, so if you are cooking for 6 hours or so, how are you loading your charcoal? I was using fire bricks to make a s shape in mine and haven't gotten that long of burn times. I am not getting the hour per pound burn time on mine.

I'm very new here but have read all of these post I have been cooking comps for only 4 yrs now, I have a offset smoker that really does a great job and is so well built that I cant see myself getting rid of her. My son will end up with this ole thing. But to the point I shopped and shopped and I made the choice to buy from Lone Star Grillz based on all I read about Chris and Amber that says a lot. I'm not taking anything away from Abes smokers which I read several comments from a user of one but I needed to do business with people I can drive over and speak with if I have issues. I have placed my order for two large verticals and one Mini. It may be over kill but kinda like having bullets its all fine until you needed more and I don't think I will need more cooking room for a while. Like I said I love to do comps and this may be a learning curve but im game, I plan to use a go-pro cam for some videos and pics for yall but I have a long wait. will chime in time to time until then happy smoking.

You made the right choice. Abe's is out of business. The young owner was not prepared for the business. LSG ain't going anywhere.

yes PJ TEXAS I was so close but I kept reading a few things that just didn't sit right with me, then I came across LSG and then i'm close enough that I could drive and talk in person an touch the product. I knew then I was hooked...Chris runs a straight up business and i'm sure his wife just she wasn't there the day I went but beside every good man is a better woman. so I just sit and wait now for at least my email...lol and drool while looking at all the pics of the great pits.

yahooooo!!!! Spoke to Chris today and got Email "Good afternoon! I wanted to let you know that we have started fabrication on your smoker!

Thanks," 7 Days and counting. Boy these 7 days are going to draaaaaagggg.

I am new here and I also am waiting on my LGS 24x40 smoker I'm down almost nine week with about six to go and can not wait and I think Chris and Amber are great to deal with I even drove 700 miles talk to them place an order.

How are you guys loading your charcoal loading for shorter cooks? Chris recommends stacking the charcoal all the way to the top to control how fast it burns, so if you are cooking for 6 hours or so, how are you loading your charcoal? I was using fire bricks to make a s shape in mine and haven't gotten that long of burn times. I am not getting the hour per pound burn time on mine.

I still load it up to the top and just put in as much coal as I think I'll need. I use the Ts for the maze and start in the left bottom corner and fill up that row and back down to get 2 full rows for a shorter cook. When the cook is complete I either just shut it all down or move the unlit coals away so they don't burn up.

There are many factors on how much fuel it will consume. Temp, water or no water (when you add water is also a factor), if you have a deflector plate, etc.

yahooooo!!!! Spoke to Chris today and got Email "Good afternoon! I wanted to let you know that we have started fabrication on your smoker!

Thanks," 7 Days and counting. Boy these 7 days are going to draaaaaagggg.

I am new here and I also am waiting on my LGS 24x40 smoker I'm down almost nine week with about six to go and can not wait and I think Chris and Amber are great to deal with I even drove 700 miles talk to them place an order.

Congrats to you both! Only 60 days to go for me. Maybe I should say 8.5 weeks. Nah, that sounds just as long.

:faint2:

Congrats to all the new owners!

I'm really liking mine. Burnt a brisket, Drum Sticks, mac & cheese and pig shots in mine Saturday, Once I got temp settled in she ran flawlessly.

Back