Lodge Cast Iron Griddle at Academy

@AClarke44

I can't say about the price for that griddle. I am looking for a round one without the ridges in the bottom. Think flapjacks and pan fried cornbread.

@Bratylten

Thanks for the tip on Marshalls. I have none less than a mile from the house.

@ssv3

I have a few pieces of enameled CI that I bought at our local supermarket, HEB. They were very reasonably priced but there aren't many different pieces, IOW the product line is limited. I don't know where they were made but I really like the way they cook. I have a 6qt Do, a skillet of the same diameter 'cause one top fits both, a smaller skillet with top, a small pot with lid and fajita skillets. I check that aisle every time I'm at HEB to see if they have a new piece to add to the set. They are sold under the name Cocinaware and are made in Mexico, I believe.

@AClarke44

I can't say about the price for that griddle. I am looking for a round one without the ridges in the bottom. Think flapjacks and pan fried cornbread.

@Bratylten

Thanks for the tip on Marshalls. I have none less than a mile from the house.

@ssv3

I have a few pieces of enameled CI that I bought at our local supermarket, HEB. They were very reasonably priced but there aren't many different pieces, IOW the product line is limited. I don't know where they were made but I really like the way they cook. I have a 6qt Do, a skillet of the same diameter 'cause one top fits both, a smaller skillet with top, a small pot with lid and fajita skillets. I check that aisle every time I'm at HEB to see if they have a new piece to add to the set. They are sold under the name Cocinaware and are made in Mexico, I believe.

Wish our supermarket carried stuff like that. Only place I run into good CI cookware is at hardware stores locally but not much of a selection. Looking forward to using the enameled CI. I do much of the cooking outside but there are days when you want to cook up some serious stuff indoors and the enameled CI will be perfect for that.

Bride found a couple more skillets. A Lodge raised grill griddle skillet. New with tags. I think what gets me is that it's really not "rare", but when you find a piece that fills a niche- it kind of gives you confidence and a smile to cook with. After being out in dusty wind for several hours Im trying to decide a shot of Jameson or a Clariten.
That was quick Jameson FTW

Just saw this comment and couldn't have said it any better.

I was going to say Jameson BTW. :thumb: 18 :becky:

The majority of my CI is either Griswold or Wagner, but I do have a Lodge pizza pan that I use with some regularity because it's so versatile and can be used for more than just pizza. I bake bread on it, use it as a cookie sheet, and a griddle. It fits perfectly outdoors on my Keg and I love to bring it camping. Lodge makes a good product. I think you'll be happy with the brand if you decide to try it.

The majority of my CI is either Griswold or Wagner, but I do have a Lodge pizza pan that I use with some regularity because it's so versatile and can be used for more than just pizza. I bake bread on it, use it as a cookie sheet, and a griddle. It fits perfectly outdoors on my Keg and I love to bring it camping. Lodge makes a good product. I think you'll be happy with the brand if you decide to try it.

Wife said "bullets in every closet, cast iron in every cabinet?""

Sounds like a winning presidential slogan to me.

We have several pieces of Lodge and Staub... I grab the Lodge EVERY time. Really ought to garage sale the Staub skillet, the cocottes are great, but the skillet, naaa!

I've got an 8" Lodge skillet that I ground the inside of and polished it, seasoned it till black, and it makes eggs dance!

When I voluntarily sank into the cast iron addiction (seduction if you will) I actually put some thought into it.

Start with what you have available: in my case it was A few Lodge and Taiwan pieces.

Gradually collect and become conversant in EITHER Griswold or Wagner OR their unmarked identical skillets made for Sears-Montgomery Ward etc.

Just like cookers,?I went overboard.

Now I'm waiting on Academy to open thinking of a griddle top for my cast iron Lodge Sportsman Hibachi- finding CI everywhere

I am looking for a round one without the ridges in the bottom. Think flapjacks and pan fried cornbread.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Bayou-Classic-7414-Reversible-Griddle/dp/B00062WTQ0"]Amazon.com : Bayou Classic 7414 14" Round Cast Iron Reversible Griddle : Patio, Lawn & Garden@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/512N5PGHN8L.@@AMEPARAM@@512N5PGHN8L[/ame]

@16Adams

Wife said "bullets in every closet, cast iron in every cabinet?
I'd ask if she has a sister, but I'm probably too old. Would you introduce me to her mom? :becky:

@Tish

I sure would like to see a pic of that CI pizza griddle.

It's a little more than 14" not counting the handles. Maybe 14-1/2".
Lodge%20pizza%20pan.jpg

Just a photo of sausage. Wagner skillet Lodge press. That pizza pan is pretty versatile. Nice

Last edited:
That's one thing I don't have... a bacon press. Been meaning to pick one up for a long time. Haven't gotten around to it. That's a nice one.

Works really well for pressing everything. Lodge makes a rectangle press too. Both were available via Amazon recently.

I've only bought a couple pieces from Amazon. Couple more from Craigslist and Ebay. Most of what I have are hand-me-downs and flea market finds. I've seen some presses there but usually hunting for something else so didn't buy at the time. Just running out of room. Those that are on my stove (not the pizza pan) are just the ones I use constantly. It's definitely a sickness. lol

Yep. They do have a tendency to pile up. Those look beautiful, Adams. I'd put mine away if I could. I need to rearrange some stuff in the basement and take some of those out to the shed or give them away. Then I can move stuff from kitchen to basement and have room upstairs for the ones on my stove. I'd give more to my son, but he's out of room now too. lol

Back