Lodge Cast Iron Griddle at Academy

cueball21

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Bob, aka, Uncle
I have several CI skillets and what not. I noticed that my Academy has a 10" Lodge CI skillet for $15. I'm guessing this is made in China. For that price I don't think I can go wrong, but I thought I'd ask the experts here what they would do.

I've been watching dabay a CL for months without finding an old Griswold or Lodge CI griddle. That's why I'm looking at other options.

Thanks to everyone!!!!

I'm looking for a griddle, specifically, but that price at Target for a skillet is pretty tempting!!

Is this a good price for the griddle?
[ame]https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00008GKDQ/ref=cm_sw_r_em_awd_62D8wbAV7SH83[/ame]

I have a lot of Lodge CI. It's good stuff.
I have the 10" round griddle, use it a lot. Love it.
Also have the Pro Grid CI griddle. It's super!

Love Lodge! Bought all of mine from Academy since they ship out here and it's a win since it's shipping and tax free.

16 Adams covered it basically with the link. CI is made in the USA and enameled CI in China. With their reputation I'm not worried about the China made enameled CI dutch oven so I pulled the trigger on one from Academy and it was on clearance for less than $50.

Here's my collection so far that I bought roughly in the last, I wanna say 3 years?

12 and 15 pans

3XOhT1Il.png

They get used :becky: Makes them better the more patina they build

Vp1E1T4l.png

12 deep camping DO (8QT)

YTAmuGml.png

udmlyJ8l.png

Enameled DO that just arrived

8iPsB1wl.png

gjiIHmol.png

Nice collection Sako!
I'm going to round up my cast iron and see what all I have. I inherited my mom's and gma's and have some of my own.
Thanks to all of you for the cast iron talk. Just the motivation I needed!

I love grown up show and tell. Very cool collection.

Me too!:thumb:

Love your Griswolds and Wagners IIRC? that you score. Sometimes I want to comment on them but damn work gets in the way. :becky: People check their Facebook, Twitter, Instagrams while I check BBQBrethren for updates but sometimes can't comment. About the only social media I do and I'm fairly a young dude. Love this place. Sorry didn't mean to take it off track.

Nice collection Sako!
I'm going to round up my cast iron and see what all I have. I inherited my mom's and gma's and have some of my own.
Thanks to all of you for the cast iron talk. Just the motivation I needed!

Thanks Jeanie! Would love to see some of your stuff. Inherited stuff from mom's and gma's sounds awesome.

Bride found a couple more skillets. A Lodge raised grill griddle skillet. New with tags. I think what gets me is that it's really not "rare", but when you find a piece that fills a niche- it kind of gives you confidence and a smile to cook with. After being out in dusty wind for several hours Im trying to decide a shot of Jameson or a Clariten.
That was quick Jameson FTW

Thanks Jeanie! Would love to see some of your stuff. Inherited stuff from mom's and gma's sounds awesome.

Thanks Sako! It's funny, I have several pieces but only use a few on a regular basis. Guess I should rotate them every once in awhile. :grin:

Back