Lionel's been cooking again....

lcbateman3

is Blowin Smoke!
So I finally got around to doing beef ribs again. Picked up some beef short ribs from RD a few weeks ago. Beef short ribs and I have not always got along. Always had a hard time getting them right. So I was bound and determined to nail them.

I fired up the 18.5 WSM (was cooking two plates). KBB and Cherry Chunks. Ran the smoker around 275. Removed the membrane from the back and tripped up a little fat. Rubbed down with Simply Marvelous Peppered Cow. Cooked for about 5.5 hours.

Rib%20Prep%201.jpg

Rib%20Prep.jpg

About 2 hours in...

Ribs%201.jpg

Ribs%204.jpg

So while they were cooking, we need lunch! We had some bnls sknls chicken breast in the fridge that we marinated in olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Grilled them up on the kettle, warmed up some Naan bread. Spread out some hummus on the bread placed chicken and sliced avocado on the chicken and folded in half. Great sandwich!

Grilled%20Chicken.jpg

Grilled%20Chick2.jpg

Sandwhich.jpg

Ribs were ready to come off around 5. I was actually expecting them to be done later, but you know sometimes it just doesn't work that way. So pulled them off and set in the cambro till later.

Ribs%20done%202.jpg

Ribs%20done.jpg

Ribs%20done%203.jpg

So the wife needed me to make some pig candy for her. Of course I couldn't disappoint her! So on the Traeger it went, running 275 with Sugar Maple Pellets.

Pig%20Candy.jpg

Pig%20Candy%202.jpg

Now what did she need Pig Candy for? Well Donuts of course! Scratch made cake donuts topped with brown butter icing and pig candy! They were for church on Sunday.

Cake%20Dount.jpg

Pig%20Candy%20Chopped.jpg

Donut%202.jpg

Donut.jpg

Of course you got have to have sliced rib picture! They turned out great. Tender and full of flavor. Thanks for looking!

Ribs%20Sliced.jpg

Good looking cook Lionel.

Three totally different styles of cookers going, all on the same day. Versatile my man.

I'd love to try one of those homemade pig candy donuts.

Good to see you posting Lionel - especially awesome grub like that! Short ribs are my favorite cut of beef these days. Missing you out here bro - hope things are well in NC!

Thanks all.

I try to get up here and post when I can. I'm usually on my phone or tablet so I have a hard time surfing the forum on those. When I get to a PC I usually do read and keep up on everything.

I really enjoyed the short ribs, even the wife did. Now looking for something else to try that I haven't done or have had issues with in the past.

Things in NC are going well, getting back use to the humidity. So-Cal and TN mountains spoiled me for two years!

And those donuts were amazing!

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Back