Lets Talk Charcoal Grill

rus_bro

Full Fledged Farker
Ok boys. my beloved Copper Kettle is about to cook its last steak soon. I havent been taking care of her like i should and need a full refurb inside (which i will do either way.. but.....).

I am thinking of having a charcoal grill built. probably 20 x 30 cooking surface and square. Really not sure what i am looking for at the moment, kinda picturing something the same size as my weber genesis gasser. A good everyday charcoal grill that can hold more than a Kettle.

I have dedicated smokers so dont need the dual purpose anything.

what are you boys bbqing chicken, pork and steaks on?

Thoughts?

I use a Weber 26 probably 4-5 times a week. On special occasions I break out the Shirley fire pit with the optional cooking grate. To this day I've never done better rib eyes than ones cooked over the fire pit.

I use a Weber 26 probably 4-5 times a week. On special occasions I break out the Shirley fire pit with the optional cooking grate. To this day I've never done better rib eyes than ones cooked over the fire pit.

SO leads me to another thought iv been having. If designed right, its an open firepit which i REALLY like..

OOOOOOO the issues ;)

rb

SO leads me to another thought iv been having. If designed right, its an open firepit which i REALLY like..

OOOOOOO the issues ;)

rb
You already got a patio model. All you need now is the fire pit. :-D

Attachments

• 20210101_160718.jpg
    20210101_160718.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 392
  • 20210102_165020.jpg
    20210102_165020.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 388
Have you considered a Santa Maria style grill? That would give you a box type shape, plus you can cook all kinds of things on them, not just burgers and chicken. The adjustable cooking grate is a huge plus!

If you want something with a lid, there are some cheap, but not long lasting grills that have adjustable charcoal grates that run around $200, OR, you can go for something really nice like an MGrill B2:

https://mgrills.com/collections/pro-grade/products/b2

Pitts and Spitts and Lonestar Grilz have some really nice dedicated charcoal grills. Worth checking out. Both made in Texas. Yoder has their flatops that are nice also.

Pitts and Spitts and Lonestar Grilz have some really nice dedicated charcoal grills. Worth checking out. Both made in Texas. Yoder has their flatops that are nice also.

This! I have a M1 that also fits the bill but if strictly grilling, I’d lean to Chester’s info above. Or a Chud box

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This! I have a M1 that also fits the bill but if strictly grilling, I’d lean to Chester’s info above. Or a Chud box

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The b2 looks pretty solid too, if only grilling.

Weber 26 and lump charcoal does the small cooks around here.The Shirley feeds the masses.It has been mothballed for a while.No big gatherings here for several more months.I don’t care what Governor TaterTot says.

For the life of me I can’t figure out why there isn’t a 26” Performer. I’m in the same boat looking for a cooker with more real estate than my 22” kettle, the wife actually wants some vegetables with all the delicious meat I guess.

Assassin would be another option that has a lid. Following the fire pit idea, look at Breeo.co

For the life of me I can’t figure out why there isn’t a 26” Performer. I’m in the same boat looking for a cooker with more real estate than my 22” kettle, the wife actually wants some vegetables with all the delicious meat I guess.

I use a 26 and a side table.If I need to step up one notch,I break out the Ranch Kettle.Bought my Rancher several years ago.Stopped by a pool and patio place that was going out of business and bought the floor model for 3 $100 bills cash.

Back