Leftover Prime Rib Stuffed Peppers

lunchman

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Dom
After two nights of great dinners from the Prime Rib Roast for my wife's birthday, what to do with the remaining leftovers? Although the prime rib dinners were awesome, a third night wasn't in the cards.

Chili? Maybe. Soup? Perhaps. Stew? Not feeling it. Then I remembered that I'd purchased three huge red peppers from the clearance cart at my supermarket. Let's turn 'em into Stuffed Peppers. Normally I make these by forming huge onion burgers, mix them with grilled sausage and omit the rice. Change of plans for this cook as rice will be included.

Red Peppers -

7iGbuQz.jpg

Remaining Prime Rib -

N7N4rNA.jpg

Dice the meat, then mix it together with additional diced peppers, diced Jalapeno, rice, bread crumbs, egg for binder and seasoned with Bovine Bold -

bW7hXva.jpg

Stuff the peppers, top 'em with shredded Mozzarella -

ja2uaTP.jpg

Sauce -

OkTWzX0.jpg

More Mozzarella -

VqXnXW0.jpg

And out onto the Goldens' to bake indirect and pick up some smoke for about an hour at 350F -

tRHegww.jpg

Dinner is served -

AiqpKgY.jpg

GZ7NKRs.jpg

G8bBOQc.jpg

Good use of leftover Prime Rib, definitely a worthwhile experiment. While I wouldn't suggest buying an expensive Prime Rib Roast to use in Stuffed Peppers, this made for an excellent meal.

Thanks for checking out this post.

Regards,
-lunchman

That is about as creative as anything I have seen here. Stuffed peppers are a favorite of mine and now I have another way to enjoy them. Very well done!

Back