Left out over night….

sackedbysapp

Full Fledged Farker
I know this gets asked quite a few times but I’m gonna ask again I took out two full frozen rack of spareribs at 9 PM and put them on the counter and then two that were half frozen and woke up at 4:45 and realized I forgot to put them in the fridge. They weren’t warm, but they weren’t ice cold they’re in a heavy Cryovac from Publix, what should I do?

I'd cook and not think twice. Have you tried doing them right out of the freezer. You might be surprised at the results.

As George says, give them a smell, but I am sure they are fine. If you were a little closer, my answer would be that I would come by and take them off your hands for you. :becky:

From what I understand, any food product will not start growing bacteria until after 2 hours at room temperature and I don't even think you were close to that kind of exposure.

I think I would put them on as soon as possible and smoke them at a higher temperature to get them heated up quickly and don't look back... unless the wife is standing there giving you that look, lol.

Back