THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Melissaredhead

is Blowin Smoke!
Last weekend it was -1. Today it will be 60. I dunno what else to do but take advantage and BBQ.

I got some black ops for Christmas so I'm excited to try it out. I'm usually just SPPPPPPOG and chili powder of some kind but everyone raves about it so I asked Santa. He delivered.

I forgot to take a picture without rub :doh: sorry I already started sprinkling.

It's just me and the dogs this weekend so I got a 4#point. Didn't fuss over it. Just rubbed it down let it set while I lit the fire and threw it on at 300 and it is now holding steady at 250 for the past 40 min. Using the ring o fire with pecan.
It's too small for the yoder so it's cruising along on the Weber. I haven't made an excuse to light the yoder yet this year. I should have just done a full packer lol.

You too Shadow! Trust me I always rather BBQ here. I have been a little ill and dealing with some construction mishaps on my house. But if I can get out here I am. Lol.

I've been wanting to cook a point. Do you have anything special planned for it?

I'm treating myself to some sliced point with cheesy grits and a salad. While munching on that I'll have some burnt ends going for dessert.
Beef for dessert is acceptable I decided. :laugh:

I'm treating myself to some sliced point with cheesy grits and a salad. While munching on that I'll have some burnt ends going for dessert.
Beef for dessert is acceptable I decided. :laugh:

Hah! Couple great things in this cook. Love the extra P in the spog :clap2: even though you are using black ops. I usually run everyone out of my immediate area with the amount of pepper I use.

And burnt ends for desert? You can do no wrong.....I bow down!:thumb:

Back