Late On Posts--Past Weekend's Cook On The Hunsaker

I placed an order for a Hunsaker earlier this week, and your posts had something to do with that...

Anxiously awaiting Mark's email to let me know when it's ready for shipment. I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas.

:thumb:

I know the feeling trust me. Congrays! You're going to love it. Honestly it doesn't get any more precise than this drum.

Just call Mark. His reachable by phone way faster since he's in the shop a lot. A great guy to talk to btw.

Everything looks farking awesome! How did you like the Smokey Chile Lime on the baby backs?

Thanks Mike! Thanks for the rubs, the shaker and the decals. Very generous. Putting one on the truck today. That's how much I love Oakridge products and I'm not a decal kind of guy.:-D

I liked it a lot actually. The acidity was mellowed down quite a bit during the course of the cook. Not that it was overwhelming but you can taste it more out of a bag. Excellent stuff. Looking forward to doing more cooks and different cuts/meats with it.

Dont want to repeat myself but your rubs just stand out. If I was allowed only one rub ever, I will be happy with Carne Crosta for the rest of my life. That's the ultimate rub there. :nod: When it came to beef I was strictly an s&p guy but you changed that for me. :clap2:

Can't say enough thank you's!

That all looks wonderful. How long did the brisket take?

I have a PBC but have been looking at the Hunsaker. I had a chance to buy a used one locally for a good price but didn't jump on it and now regret it.

Good to see the Hunsaker getting a turn and from the look of that plate the Hunsaker more than lived up to it's reputation.

That all looks wonderful. How long did the brisket take?

I have a PBC but have been looking at the Hunsaker. I had a chance to buy a used one locally for a good price but didn't jump on it and now regret it.

Thanks Monte!

It took exactly 8 hours unwrapped. 275 first few hours than I bumped it up to 315.

I absolutely loved my PBC which made love barrel cooking. I did everything on it and it never once failed me. Then I decided I wanted more room and control so I got the Hunsaker and sold the PBC.

Both great cookers but different. PBC Is more raw and the drippings on the coals give it its own flavor profile. Hunsaker is more refined and tuned that you can further tweak if needed. Just had no room to keep both but I still have a PBJ.:thumb:

Back