Late On Posts--Past Weekend's Cook On The Hunsaker

ssv3

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Sako
Barely getting the chance to post this cook from the past weekend. Been putting my cookers in rotation and the Hunsaker drum was idle far too long.

Love this cooker and being busy lately hadn't cooked on it in a while. Loved seeing her humming along again. Easiest way to make bbq guaranteed. Got a haircut and did the sides while it was doing its thing.

XOS1cP4h.jpg

Same weekend I got my TD winnings from Oakridge and Mike was generous enough to send me a few extras I wanted in addition. There's always the Oakridge line in my cabinets TD or not. Top notch rubs as I've said before and way above the rest IMHO just simply on the fact of the top shelf ingredients used.

E8RQd2wh.jpg

Made a rack of spare ribs seasoned with Oakridge Dominator (top) and baby backs Oakridge Smokey Chile Lime (bottom)

RzjW1nfh.jpg

A brisket with BPS Cash Cow and Double Secret

oMSzKbkh.jpg

I gave up a prime over this beautiful choice. Well marbled with a huge flat and point

KiGfkKBh.jpg

I mean look at the flat :clap2:

nW19rm3h.jpg

Into the Hunsaker. Naturally the brisket was in earlier

CZHAuU0h.jpg

LiRAVmah.jpg

All getting acquainted :becky:

vcPGR0yh.jpg

All I can say is the Hunsaker makes some quick ribs

A shot of the baby back which were served unsauced. Spares were sauced

rceBWVhh.jpg

Brisket came along shortly

l9vysoyh.jpg

Sorry for the vertical shots. At this point I was being photographed and had no control of the photos. Lol, actually the brisket was. :heh:

vwHpX0bh.jpg

X9UNxwVh.jpg

This was a heck of a brisket

1jyT0xjh.jpg

vcM00qBh.jpg

I took over pics after slicing the brisket :thumb: Smoked some sausage too

uc361ihh.jpg

And finally plated. Made wangs too actually along with beans and tater salad :becky:

APtia8Qh.jpg

Dove into the spares

micVxbrh.jpg

So good!

OyzzmXch.jpg

I believe that's all the pics. Thanks for looking yet again! :grin:

:clap2: I am pretty certain my next cooker will be a Hunsaker. Wish I could give you the credit, but I was eyeing them before you got one. A cook like that, sure does make it hard not to pull the trigger though.

:clap2: I am pretty certain my next cooker will be a Hunsaker. Wish I could give you the credit, but I was eyeing them before you got one. A cook like that, sure does make it hard not to pull the trigger though.

Couldn't agree with you more. Mark makes 30 gal drums now and if enough interest he also does batches of 85 gal drums. Pick your poison.:becky:

Wow great looking cook. I’m seriously gonna Look into a Hunsaker drum. By no means need one but what the heck. I got room

Man what a post!!!!!...did you make that hanger rack or get it from Mark???.....Never “hung” meat before but that is tempting!!!!!!!!

Fantastic cook! Love seeing the Hunsakers do their thing! As a set-n-forget type cooker, how would you compare it and the product it turns out to your Yoder? Just curious to hear your opinion :)

I placed an order for a Hunsaker earlier this week, and your posts had something to do with that...

Anxiously awaiting Mark's email to let me know when it's ready for shipment. I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas.

Man what a post!!!!!...did you make that hanger rack or get it from Mark???.....Never “hung” meat before but that is tempting!!!!!!!!

Thanks Dude!

I for got the rack from Mark. I lot more room to load up and even cooking all around. I am and have been a huge hanging fan. PBC started that affair for me.

Fantastic cook! Love seeing the Hunsakers do their thing! As a set-n-forget type cooker, how would you compare it and the product it turns out to your Yoder? Just curious to hear your opinion :)

Thanks Robb!

I will say that flavor profile is very similar to the Yoder. To be fair though I've only got a few cooks on the Yoder but that's what I'm noticing so far. And of course a little more of a smokier profile. You can def bump it up if you throw in more/other wood chunks in there. The flavor profile in the Hunsaker is very refined which is what I like. I like clean flavors hence why I really am impressed with the Yoder.

I'll def report back after a few more cooks.

Back