THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OMFDave

Name or Nickame
Dave
New member here from Las Vegas, Nevada
My name is Dave, recently started a team with my son and wife, OMF Barbecue

I've been smoking everything I could for about 9 years now, started with a Masterbuilt electric. Moved to an Oklahoma Joe Bronco, followed shortly by a Highland, which I modified with some tuning plates and other goodies to help even out temps.

A few months ago I decided it was time to take things up a notch or 2.
I did a ton of research and settled on an East Texas Smoker Co. custom built reverse flow.
Since I wanted to start competing I needed something I can cook all 4 meats on. I really didn't want to manage 3 or 4 different pits.
With this set up I can run the smoker at 250 all day long and the oven/warmer above the firebox runs at 275-290, perfect for chicken.

The firebox is insulated, wow what a difference, I love this thing!!

Attachments

Welcome to the forum from Victoria, Aust.
Mostly a friendly bunch here that are very sharing with information.
Enjoy your time here, I sure have

The sleeper cab used to haul during the week?

Welcome to the forum from Victoria, Aust.
Mostly a friendly bunch here that are very sharing with information.
Enjoy your time here, I sure have

The sleeper cab used to haul during the week?

The truck is just basically my pickup, I only drive it to events and occasionally the hardware store.

I also have an old Bronco rock crawler that I originally built the bed for, now it gets double duty!

Attachments

Back