Labor Day blasphemy! (late I know)

i love when people rabbble rabble when food that is usually smoked, is cooked in some other fashion. i've had alot of crock pot dishes with pork butt, chuck roasts, hell even ribs that have been mighty tasty. if smoking your food is the only way you can get flavor into your meat, then i feel sorry for you.
I have had good crock pot meals as well, just most BBQ pulled pork recipes you find for the crock pot are sub-par. I have tried many and none compare to BBQ pulled pork, IMO.

I have had good crock pot meals as well, just most BBQ pulled pork recipes you find for the crock pot are sub-par. I have tried many and none compare to BBQ pulled pork, IMO.

i agree, but a mcdouble doesn't compare to a pub burger in my opinion but i will still eat the snot out of one. unless it tastes, smell, or looks like a shoe, its going to take alot for me to be dissappointed.

i can understand why the OP is upset though. when you have your heart set on one thing but get another, its never fun.

i love when people rabbble rabble when food that is usually smoked, is cooked in some other fashion. i've had alot of crock pot dishes with pork butt, chuck roasts, hell even ribs that have been mighty tasty. if smoking your food is the only way you can get flavor into your meat, then i feel sorry for you.
We cook lots of things in the Crock Pot; it's handy when you both work. And yes, butts cooked that way are very edible. Not everything we eat is smoked. But it's understood that I cook something outside on Labor Day. If your wife thinks you should watch a Lifetime movie with her instead of the Super Bowl, the fact that it's a very good movie doesn't help much.

My wife would steal the pork butt right out from under me, I will admit. And she WOULD put it in her slow cooker too, but her cooker's an Akorn, so all is good.:becky:

She'll even let me use it if I ask real nice. :thumb:

My wife would steal the pork butt right out from under me, I will admit. And she WOULD put it in her slow cooker too, but her cooker's an Akorn, so all is good.:becky:

She'll even let me use it if I ask real nice. :thumb:
Good work!

I have been hinting heavily with each cook recently that my wife needs to learn how to use the Kettle at a minimum ;)

I may be getting close...

My wife (who is a really good cook) knows how to do everything BBQ related (even injecting and rubbing for me) other than starting the fire, loading/unloading the pit and adding fuel. She will never learn those things so no way she will ever have her own cooker. I am OK with that because she does a lot of the nasty cleaning of my utensils and stuff while I am doing other stuff. My kids have been taught everything that she knows, and they are getting close to supervised pit management. I enjoy Q so much more when the family is involved (except for my "me time" overnight tending the pit while they sleep).

I use to like some crock pot meals but nowadays everything seems way too dried out.

On the bright side the wifey knows not to touch meat I'm planning on cooking with.

My wife (who is a really good cook) knows how to do everything BBQ related (even injecting and rubbing for me) other than starting the fire, loading/unloading the pit and adding fuel. She will never learn those things so no way she will ever have her own cooker. I am OK with that because she does a lot of the nasty cleaning of my utensils and stuff while I am doing other stuff. My kids have been taught everything that she knows, and they are getting close to supervised pit management. I enjoy Q so much more when the family is involved (except for my "me time" overnight tending the pit while they sleep).
I'm hoping to get there...we just really started a fair bit of cooking in the last couple years and she will help me do rubs and such so I can just work with both hands rubbing and flipping while she squirts and sprinkles (now that sounds kinda dirty!). She will wash the dirty raw meat pans and such, but I am stuck with the BBQ utinsels and rib rack (I may just throw that damn thing away when I get the new smoker).

Son is a bit too young to help at 15 months, but he's watching a lot ;)

One of the reasons we got together in the first place was our love of cooking and cooking together. We'd probably make a halfway decent Competition team too if we were into that. But, we're both happy enough to just be members of this fine forum. :mrgreen:

One of the reasons we got together in the first place was our love of cooking and cooking together. We'd probably make a halfway decent Competition team too if we were into that. But, we're both happy enough to just be members of this fine forum. :mrgreen:
That's awesome! My wife and I got together when our parents were still cooking (poorly) for us over 17 years ago...so cooking is just now something we have really started to enjoy after shedding the poor examples that were set for us as kids.

It has been a bigger learning curve for her though. ;)

Back